February 16, 2014

Weekly Round-Up!



Today marks Pink Fluffy Hearts very first weekly round-up. I'm always looking for different things to do in order to keep the blog fresh and I realized recently that I've never shared any of the truly amazing places I've found online with any of you. There are so many gems that I stumble upon constantly and so I figured what better way to share them, then in a weekly round-up!

This Weeks Featured Site: Grammarly

I use Grammarly's plagiarism checker for students because stealing is like eating a sour patch kid. Sweet and tangy at the first lick, but sour until the bitter end.
Dude, don't steal people's stuff. It's just not cool. I checked out Grammarly this week and it's actually a pretty neat site. If you haven't checked it out yet, you should. It's a helpful source of all things grammar related (God knows I need that) and they've got cool blog posts with tips that can help you with writing.

My favorite post that I've read so far is this one. It talks about how reading actually helps when you write and how we might write words and use words, but not know how to actually say words! Which I'm woman enough to admit totally happens to me sometimes! So anyway check it out and let me know what you think of the site. :)

Other Awesome links to check out!

1. The first thing I need to talk about is this recipe right here. Coffee Caramel Buzz Donuts from Hayley's Ben & Jerry's Week!. I know this is an older one, but OMG is it delicious! Hayley runs The Domestic Rebel, which might be one of my all time favorite sites ever. She's got a bunch of new stuff going on this week, but I want to focus on the awesomness that is this recipe. It's definitely something you should check out. Hayley's site is funny and engaging. I always find myself laughing outloud when I visit.

2. It's no secret that I'm a huge fan of coffee so, when I stumbled on an article about how to make coffee concentrate I pretty much thought it was the most awesomest thing ever! Don't judge. This How to make coffee concentrate post might be my new favorite thing ever. I haven't tried it just yet, but I plan to very soon and when I do, I'll be posting how that goes.

3. I once again found myself here this week. The site might look a little plain at first glance but this is the post that helped me create the divider of hearts between each section on my page without having to manually add them, which is a huge time saver! The great thing about the post is I found it to be extremely user friendly and easy to set-up. You know how some tutorials leave you more confused then when you started? Well this isn't one of them. It was easy and I think I had everything done and added in maybe ten minutes or something like that. Definitely work looking at.

Just a few this week since this is our first excursion with weekly round-ups. But with  all the places we visit online I'm sure there will be more next week, enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment

We always love to hear from readers so share your thoughts with us!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...