February 22, 2012

Giving up is Good for the Soul


Ash Wednesday



Well it’s that time of the year again. Lent. I know you can’t see me, but I’m making a face. I get super grumpy this time of year because I always try to give up coffee and well…that never works.



For those of you who don’t know what Lent is, go here.  But for a super basic and quick explanation Lent is that time of year when Christians/Catholics prepare for Easter by observing a period of fasting, repentance, moderation and spiritual discipline.

Basically we’re forced to give up something we love for 40 days and 40 nights ! Speaking of which if you haven’t seen that movie click on the link and rent it or something. I love Josh Harnett.

I digress. Anyway, Ash Wednesday is the first day of Lent. At some point today I will drive on over to Church so I can get some ashes on my forehead and look like someone who got caught in a burning building, sigh. This year for Lent I’m giving up…I haven’t decided yet, but I will by the time I get to Church.

What are you giving up for Lent?

No comments:

Post a Comment

We always love to hear from readers so share your thoughts with us!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...