September 27, 2012

Top Ten Thursday #2


This is adapted from Top Ten Tuesday, an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.


Top Ten Series We Haven't Finished (because either you didn't like them, you just have procrastinated, etc. 

(Cori's List)

1. The Vampire Diaries - The first two, maybe three books were good, but then they just got terrible. First off the writing seemed different and then all that 'lovey lovey' speak and then Elena reverting back to like a little girl or whatever, yeah not my cup of tea. I have know clue what they were thinking, but I haven't been able to finish the series because of that.

2. The Hush Hush Series - I enjoyed the first two books of this series and I fully plan on reading the rest, I just haven't gotten around to it yet and I'm not sure why. I need to though, because I totally miss Patch!

3. The Stephanie Plum Series - This might be one of my all time favorite series, but I haven't had a chance to read books 17 and 18 yet, which is super weird since I usually get these books and then finish them in a few hours. Haha

(Andi's List)

4. The Kay Scarpetta series - When I was in middle school and high school this series was pretty much the only one I'd read. After book 16 I kind of lost interest and also because it was hard to remember everything that had happened in the past books so I just gave up.

5. The Gemma Doyle trilogy - Not finishing this was due to planning on my part I started the last book right before midterms time and had to stop half-way through and then I just never picked it up again. It doesn't help that my book is now 1,500 miles away at my parents house.

6. The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series - I didn't even know this was a series until I joined Goodreads a few years ago, but by then I'd lost interest in the book and the genre somewhat. I think the only reason I read the book in the first place was to have read it before the movie came out.

7. The Graceling Realm series - I haven't decided yet if I'll finish this series or not. I really liked Graceling, but there were also several things about it that annoyed me and I think those attributes are part of what the author really wanted to get across almost too much. It makes me wary to start the rest.

8. The Wicked Years series - This is another series that was interrupted when I went to college and I've just never gotten around to finishing. Wicked is one of my favorite books, but Son of a Witch wasn't as good so I'm also a little worried that the next two will follow in suite.

9. The Sword of Truth series - I'll admit to it, I only read the first book because I was obsessed with the TV show Legend of the Seeker in all its campy wonder. Then I found out just how different the show is from the book and kind of lost interest.

10. The Women's Murder Club series - This is another mystery series that just started to get too long for me to keep up with everything even though I really did enjoy reading all of the books.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We always love to hear from readers so share your thoughts with us!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...