September 20, 2012

Top Ten Thursday #1


This is adapted from Top Ten Tuesday, an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.



Top Ten Bookish People You Want To Meet (Authors, Bloggers, etc.)


1. Daily Grace – I watch her YouTube vlogs almost religiously and she is hilarious. I adore her. She’s got a video for pretty much everything. If you haven’t checked her out, you should.
2. Janet Evanovich – I absolutely love her Stephanie Plumb series. I met her once at a book signing in south Jersey and she was really great. I got to take a bunch of pictures for Twitter, it was sweet. But I would love to like hang out with her for a day and totally pick her brain about how she came up with the Stephanie Plumb series and where she plans to take it.
3. The Bloggess – Jenny is so much fun. I love her website and in general she is pretty hilarious. I haven’t had a chance to pick up her book yet, but I fully plan on doing so. She’s also done some pretty amazing fundraising and her snark is out of control in the best way possible.
4. The XKCD guy – Randall Munroe, yes I know that’s totally not his real name he’s like the most super secret person ever. He’s ninja like guys, but you should absolutely check out his site because the comics there are seriously funny.
5. Amelia Atwater-Rhodes – I have loved this author since I was about thirteen. I still love her. For every six or seven new books I read, I re-read one of hers. She made me fall in love with reading. Her books are amazing; I can and have gotten lost in them for hours.
6. Samantha Young - I love her books, like really love her books. If her characters were real I would want my very own Jai because he is the most awesomest guy ever. But seriously, she is forever doing really cool giveaways, she has vlogs and if she was ever in the states I would totally want to take her out to lunch and pick her brain.

I thought I’d mix it up and the last four people I want to meet are no longer of the living, but if I could go back in a time machine or possibly resurrect them I would.

7. Emily Dickenson – Because she is literally one of my favorite poets ever. I’m not a huge fan of poetry in general, not because I think it’s bad or anything, but because it’s just not my cup of tea, but her stuff has always sort of spoken to me.
8. Shakespeare – Yes, yes I know cliché or whatever, but I am a fan of his plays, most of them actually. I played Juliet in a middle school version of Romeo and Juliet and I love Hamlet don’t ask why.
9. Jane Austin – Pride and Prejudice might actually be one of my all time favorite books. I love Elizabeth Bennet. She might be my favorite female lead in a book, well in this genre anyway. Her snark is the best and Mr. Darcy…what I wouldn’t give for a Mr. Darcy haha, but seriously Jane Austin was way ahead of her time in writing and I’d love to see the woman who created such a strong female character when woman weren’t thought much of at the time.
10. Edgar Allan Poe – Because his creepy poetry and short stories will forever give me Halloween themed parties and remind me of Gilmore Girls. Yes, that sounds so odd but it’s true. Plus I love The Raven I mean really who does’t?


No comments:

Post a Comment

We always love to hear from readers so share your thoughts with us!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...