October 29, 2012

Author Spotlight: Blaize Nolynne



Today I'm pleased to welcome author Blaize Nolynne to the blog to talk a little bit about her novel Firefighter Down, District One and it's upcoming sequel.

1. What was the plot of your very first piece of unpublished fiction you ever wrote?



My very first of unpublished was when I was 15 years old. I wrote about a father who was in a coma and came back from the brink of death because of an unlikely angel.

2. Do you recall how your interest in writing originated or did you always just know you wanted to be a writer?

I always loved to write! I began with short stories and poetry at a young age. Through out the years I fell out of writing as a dream, but it came back when I was a Senior in High School. Shortly after I began my studies at the ‘Children’s Institute of Literature’.

3. How did you come up with the idea for Firefighter Down District One?

My father was on the fire department for fifteen years. I grew up pretty much in the fire barn.

4. Tell us a little bit about the sequel to Firefighter Down, District One.

Firefighter Down, District One's sequel is titled District One Stand By: On the Bleeding Edge of Change. It begins two years (story time) after the first story. Catisha Spadoni is sitting at her desk as Lieutenant doing paperwork when the phone rings asking if she had heard the news from her old chief. She turns and sees the news where her New York Fire house gets blown up. An arson who was making a point was out on the rise. Determined to find out who did this to her crew and sent them to the hospital she packs for New York. At the same time she is suffering from domestic abuse and a crumbling relationship at home.

5. Do you have a favorite fictional character, male and female? Why?

Yes, it would be my female main character Catisha Spadoni. She is fiery, a force to reckon with, independent and smart.

6. When you’re not writing, what do you like to do?

I love to cook, paint, draw and be out in nature.

7. Read any good books recently?

I am always reading. I just read Broken Arro by Jen Wylie! I enjoyed it!

8. Is there anything you find particularly challenging when starting a new book?

The first page has to be something that grabs me. I have changed the first page so many times it isn’t funny. I have even rewritten books because it didn’t sound right in the first page.

9. Who are your current five favorite authors and books? Why?

Ray Bradbury, I love his books. I love science-fiction!

Mitch Albom

James Paterson

Danielle Steele

Anne Rice

10. Which do you prefer hard copy books or e-books? Why?

I prefer both. I love real books, but I love ebooks as long as the book is good I will read it!

11. Do you have a favorite quote, something that inspires you?

‘That which does not break you, makes you stronger’

12. Dark chocolate or milk chocolate?

Dark!

♥ ♥ ♥


Thanks so much for taking the time to answer our questions! More information on Blaize Nolynne and an excerpt from her upcoming novel can be found below:

Excerpt from District One Stand By: On the Bleeding Edge of Change

“District One, Lieutenant Catisha Spadoni, speaking.” I answered the phone as I tried hard to unbury the phone from the stack of papers I was trying to do for Jack, our beloved Captain.

“Catisha, you are the person I actually wanted to talk to.” the voice on the other end said. I recognized him as Rick Johnson, my former Chief and Fire Marshal that I worked with in New York City.

“Well you got me, so I guess it is time to ask why you are calling.” I chuckled.

“Obviously you haven’t watched the news or you would already know why I am calling.”

I glanced at the clock. “The national news doesn’t start until a couple minutes when the commercial stop. I already watched the local news. Why what’s going on?” I asked.

“Breaking News from New York City. A Firehouse exploded in the early hours today. The Firehouse, trucks, and equipment are also destroyed. The firefighters who were sleeping at the time were inside. All except three made it out alive. Three are still unaccounted for. The rest have been hospitalized for injuries from severe to minor.” the national news anchor began.

“Oh my God!” I screamed as they showed the firehouse that I lived in. That was my former crew that was injured and also among the missing. Those were my brothers and sisters in that barn.

“I guess now you know why I am calling.” Rick said.

Buy Links:

Amazon  ♥  Books A Million  ♥  B&N 

♥ ♥ ♥



Author Bio:


Blaize Nolynne was born and raised in Maine. Inspiration from the book she wrote "District 1 Standby" came from the fact that her father is a retired firefighter. She says all of the good memories come from District 1 and the crew members she knew from all the districts.



Facebook  ♥  Google Plus 


No comments:

Post a Comment

We always love to hear from readers so share your thoughts with us!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...