October 5, 2012

Review: More

MoreMore by T.M. Franklin
Buy @ Amazon
Date Released: October 4, 2012
Review Copy: from Netgalley
Summary:

Ava Michaels used to think she was special.

As a child, she fantasized about having magical powers . . . making things happen. But Ava grew up and eventually accepted the fact that her childish dreams were just that, and maybe a normal life wasn't so bad after all.

Now a young college student, Ava meets Caleb Foster, a brilliant and mysterious man who’s supposed to help her pass Physics, but in reality has another mission in mind. What he shows Ava challenges her view of the world, shaking it to its very core.

Because Caleb isn't quite what he seems. In fact, he's not entirely human, and he's not the only one.

Together, the duo faces a threat from an ancient race bound to protect humans, but only after protecting their own secrets—secrets they fear Ava may expose. Fighting to survive, Ava soon learns she's not actually normal . . . she's not even just special.

♥ ♥ ♥


When I first started this book I wasn’t sure I was going to like. It seemed a bit hedgy and repetitive through the first few chapters, but despite it’s rather slow beginning, More by T.M. Franklin, was actually very well written and I quite enjoyed it. The story follows Ava, a college student, through a pretty traumatic and enlightening discovery about herself and a race of people she never knew existed. The great thing about this story is once it picks up and Ava is thrown into the midst of the feuding race, the story is filled with action.

Ava is apparently this study-o-holic and incredibly bright, but she’s always wanted to be different, special, which is something I think we can all relate to or maybe that’s just me. But the author did a great job of making her relatable. She’s got a sick Dad, a best friend in her roommate, a job, classes and she’s trying to balance it all while having this crazy overwhelming feeling of being watched.



Which of course she is, but Ava doesn’t know that, at least not at first. Cue Caleb, her new tutor, slightly geeky and obviously smart, but so much more. I adore Caleb. The way he looked out for and protected Ava, it was sweet and you could tell he didn’t really understand why this assignment was so much different than the other’s he’d had in the past. I’m pretty sure I realized he was totally head over heels for Ava before he did, which is awesome.

For some reason I love when we know something before the characters in books and TV because then through the rest of the book you’re so anxious and you’re like oh my god don’t do that, no he’s bad…Stop judging me. Anyway, I think the way he tried to deny that he was involved with all the weird things going on with Ava was funny. When he finally saved her and there was no denying what was going on I was excited because I knew they were going to be stuck together trying to figure out how to outrun the council.

I never expected them to stop running and face the council head on, but then again there were a lot of other things I didn’t expect to happen that did. There is this huge twist at the end of the book that I want to tell you…But I won’t because it’s one of those things you need to read to get the full effect of.

I love the easy banter between Caleb and Ava and how he seems to have this unyielding loyalty to her almost from the beginning. Their connection is palpable combined with the intensity of the situation they are in makes for a very thrilling read. The plot is good, it hasn’t been done a dozen different ways, and I like how all the characters interact and engage each other. The author did a great job of giving all characters mentioned in the book a purpose, unlike some I’ve read lately. I would definitely recommend this book.

All I can say is, I hope there’s a sequel, because while the ending wrapped up everything nicely, there’s also this big moment that leaves you wanting more. It’s possibly I’m totally hoping this turns into a series...Pretty please?




No comments:

Post a Comment

We always love to hear from readers so share your thoughts with us!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...