October 8, 2012

Review: Romantic Tales: Bedtime Stories Episode One


Romantic Tales: Bedtime Stories Episode One
Romantic Tales: Bedtime Stories by Multiple Authors 
Genre: Romance, Erotica, Fantasy and PNR
Review Copy: Received from Reading Addition. All opinions are my own.
Release Date: August 31, 2012

Buy @ Amazon

Crave by Ty Langston:

As a reporter for the Wakefield Post, Harper Erkstine has seen everything. From murders to robberies, all of her recent stories have ended with tragic consequences so great, that she began to question if she made the right career choice for herself.

While all of her friends were dating, or going to clubs, she was winning journalism awards for covering the latest drive-by shooting or a home invasion that cost someone she knew, their lives.

She loved her job, it was rewarding to be a crime solver and get to the truth of the matter. As much as she loved her job, but the hours of a Metro beat reporter began to descend her into burn out mode.

She craved balance. A break, a welcome distraction every now and then. She forgot what it was like to have fun, to take a breath, smell the roses.

Was it wrong to want a great career and to have some kind of a personal life? She couldn’t remember the last time she had a date or danced with someone from the opposite sex.

In the middle of working on a missing person’s story that has rocked her town to the core, Harper decides as a favor to her friend and colleague to do a feature on local an up and coming rock band, called ‘Crave.’

It was a break from her routine, but Harper soon discovers that this band may have ties to the missing person, not only does she question why, but she also finds there is more to this band than just their music.

The Getaway by Riley Ross:

The Getaway isn’t your typical romance woman meets man of her dreams, loses him and then they get their happily ever after. It’s a romance story with hints of drama and plenty of comedy. Mike and Juliet have been dating for about four months. Juliet is madly in love with him but has never shared her feelings.

Mike hasn’t said those three magical words so she doesn’t even know if they are on the same page when it comes to their relationship. Mike takes Juliet on a two week vacation, so she can escape her family drama and stresses from her job. He has romantic surprises planned and there are several unexpected surprises for them both. How well do Mike and Juliet really know each other especially when an explosive secret from his past is revealed? Will their relationship survive a visit from his family and his ex-girlfriend? Will the secret destroy them or make them stronger as a couple? His mother has made it clear to everyone that she wants Mike back with his vile ex-girlfriend?


Will his mother sabotage her son’s relationship with Juliet? Juliet does have an ally in Mike’s father. Will Juliet fight for her love? Or will she let him go without exposing his mother for her dastardly schemes? How far will his mom go to ensure she gets what she wants for her son?

The Genesis Project by Tigris Eden:

Old earth has been deemed unsuitable for life, New Earth is home. With the Uni-War over, races have joined together in order to sustain their way of life. All life was deemed worth saving, but only one race failed to submit. Humans.

Now extinct, humans are a thing of the past, or at least their way of life. The people of New Earth won’t acknowledge their hand in the human’s eradication, but they have benefited from it. Dr. Vaggo Blackmore has found the answer, he’s restored his races way of life- sustenance through farming. The one thing that will give them back their long lives….. Blood: human blood.

Biologically engineered in a lab, Genesis Blackmore has always been different. Her father has told her it’s due to her enhancements, the Federated Council sees her as a genetic mutation; and her fellow peers see her as the shiny new toy. Gen has had better days.

Everyone on New Earth has milky white skin, platinum blonde hair, and electric blue eyes. It’s the norm. Genesis’ glossy, black hair, ice blue eyes ringed by gold, would have almost made her socially acceptable- if it wasn’t for her honey, almond skin and blue, gold veins. In a sea of milky white she alone is the dark anomaly.

All Pars get their life’s nourishment through blood plasma. All Pars find their match through the tasting. Gen can do neither, forbidden by her father to do so. She can neither taste, nor be tasted. Something that’s never bothered her until now.

♥ ♥ ♥


Crave

Liquid sex comes to mind when thinking of a way to describe Cass St. Marie lead singer of the band Crave. Though I’m not sure that’s actually enough to get across how appealing this character comes across in this book. Attractive body, check, sexy southern accent, check, leather pants, check, singer, check. Do you have any idea what happens when you put all of these things together? I’ll tell you, you get my dream guy. Well with the exception of a southern accent I think I might prefer something a little more foreign.

Harper is a reporter for the Wakefield post working on a story about a missing girl that happens to tie into one of the hottest bands around, Crave. Harper’s friend Ellen convinces her to go to their concert and talk to the band saying that they were close to the girl who went missing. Ty Langston did a wonderful job of painting a picture of what life as a reporter is like.

I could feel Harper’s annoyance, but also that spark of curiosity you get when you know you’re on the trail of something and totally need to follow through. So of course she does and after going home, changing, and stopping by the missing girls home Harper heads to the club. Langston’s description of the club and music was so vivid that I could seriously picture it in my head. The way she describe Cass, my god he sounds good enough to eat. And have I mentioned I like accents? No I like accents. So as I’m reading this is me.

Glee Santana Gif

Don’t worry there’s no drool on the Kindle, thankfully, but oh my god I was totally blindsided by the ending of this story. I slid my finder across the screen and the next story was there. I was so confused for a full minute and I kept swiping my finger back and forth to try and figure out what happened when I realized this is episode one meaning it continues in book two. MEAN! I need to know what happens now. Whines. For a short story this really drew me in and that’s without the naughty bits.

The Genesis Project

I’m totally Team Adam!

The Genesis Project was amazing. The idea was fresh and the execution was terrific. I absolutely loved the way Tigris Eden wrote this story. Her descriptions are vivid and her word choices when describing things make them that much more potent. I love Genesis. She’s so new to everything that every time she experiences something new I just want to pet her and be like ‘Oh, honey,” like that one episode of How I Met Your Mother, the one with Katy Perry.


Marshall How I Met Your Mother Gif

But I really enjoy experiencing things through her character in the story. I dislike Xander, which is sad because his name reminds me of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, but there’s just something not quite right about him. He gives me the creeps while simultaneously appealing to the creeper side of my personality. But despite that, I love Adam. Yes, I’m aware that’s odd and he’s only been in a few scenes but there’s just something about him.

He’s angry and there’s something sexy about that anger. I like guys I can fight with. I like men that spark passion, someone who has their own opinion and won’t just agree with me unless they actually agree with what I’m saying. I enjoy snark and sarcasm and just being challenged in general so someone like Adam appeals to me because I feel like once we know more about his character that’s what he’s going to be with Genesis.

The only problem I am with this story is that it ended. Jeez is it the end of the month yet so can read the second part?


The Getaway

“Bitch is about to get her ass beat,” ß This right here is the best. Juliet is an awesome.

Spencer Pretty Little Liars Gif

All I can say is I love Juliet. She’s terrible in the best way possible. All her poor boyfriend wants is to take things slow and she’s going around wearing dresses without panties, teasing the hell out of him and being coyly provocative. It’s highly amusing. This story was sweet and boy howdy crazy boyfriends Mother. It’s like those scary Mother-in-laws that hate you just because you married their son except they aren’t even married yet.

I love that they went to this picturesque lake house to have some quiet time and relax and it’s most likely going to be more stressful then they intended. Oh, I can’t believe I forgot she called him ROMEO! Those of you who know me, know I have an unhealthy obsession with Chloe Sullivan and Oliver Queen from Smallville ( or Chloe Sullivan-Queen if you want to get technical) and she calls him Romeo, so that totally made me smile.

Anyway I digress. I really enjoyed the first part of this story and I can’t wait to find out how things go now that his Mother brought in the ex-girlfriend! 




5 comments:

  1. Cori, thanks so much for the great review!! Those gifs are a riot!!

    :) Shell aka Ty Langston


    ReplyDelete
  2. @Shelly Shell,

    Thanks so much for checking out my review! I can't wait until episode two comes out so I can review that one too! Thanks for stopping by!

    -Cori

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the beautiful review! And we'd love for you to review the next one as well! I'm sure there will be some twists and turns that may surprise you! :) ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Tigris Eden I'm glad you liked it! I would absolutely love to review the next one! I can't wait to read it. :)

    ReplyDelete

We always love to hear from readers so share your thoughts with us!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...