November 1, 2012

Review: Oxford Whispers

Oxford Whispers by Marion Croslydon
Release Date: October 8, 2012 (Paperback)
Age Group: Adult
Genre:  Paranormal Romance
Buy Link:

Buy @ Amazon

Book Description: 

Madison LeBon is dead set against the dead. She has vowed to ignore her Voodoo-stamped heritage and the psychic gift passed down through her Louisiana family. The world of the living is where she wants to belong.

But her resolution shatters when the ill-fated lovers in a painting—the subject of her first history class at Oxford—begin to haunt her. The lovers warn her against their own nemesis, a Puritan from the English Civil War.

In misty present-day Oxford, Madison embarks on a quest to unravel the secrets of the past and understand her personal bond with the painting. To protect herself, she must learn to accept her gift before life imitates art, in all its tragedy.

College becomes more complicated when she falls hard for Rupert Vance, a troubled aristocrat and descendant of one of the characters in the painting. With the spirit of a murderer in hot pursuit, Madison comes to realize that her own first love may be doomed…

Based on a real Pre-Raphaelite painting, Oxford Whispers is full of romance, drama and suspense.
Fall in love for the first time… Again

Two star-crossed lovers in the English Civil War A painting with haunting powers A murderous ghost back for revenge

♥ ♥ ♥


I’m team Rupert all the way!

Yes, yes I know there aren’t really teams in this story, but Jackson does have a thing for Madison so technically you can route for him or Rupert I chose Rupert because of the redemption factor, but I’ll get back to that.

Oxford Whispers by Marion Croslydon is about a young woman named Madison who goes to Oxford to complete her education and winds up getting caught up in a mystery involving an old painting that she learned about in class. One thing you need to know about Madison is that she’s not like everyone else. She has a gift. Her family comes from a long line of voodoo practitioners and not only can she communicate with ghosts, but she has the power of telekinesis.

Croslyndon did an amazing job of writing this story. The way she wove together the past and the present while making it all make sense and giving the reader a new twist at every end was admirable. I was incredibly impressed with the delivery of this story. I’m not typically one for historical romance and while I know this isn’t really one of those it has that history aspect of it along with flashbacks, so I was pleasantly surprised when I actually really enjoyed it.

Madison is not your typical southern bell and I love that about her. Here she is trying to fit into this completely different world and she winds up becoming sort of an observer rather than someone who participates, at least until she meets Rupert and they get paired together to work on a project. Madison of course thinks of him as the typical rich royalty of England and for a while he is.

But it turns out there’s more to Rupert than meets the eye. He has secrets that have been bogging him down for years and with Madison’s help he’s finally able to face his demons and move on. This is another one of those stories where I don’t want to give too much away because it’s just that good, but between the character development and the actual plotline this is definitely one you want to check out. I’m glad I did.


♥ ♥ ♥


Author Bio:

I am a true citizen of the world. I was born in West Africa, grew up in the South of France, and studied in Vienna, Paris, Berlin, Cape Town, and Oxford before finally settling down in London. This wide variety of cities has provided lots of inspiration for my writing. Talk about culture exposure!

In addition to being an author, I work as an entrepreneur, wife and mother-of-one but spend a good deal of time with books, DVDs and listening to my mp3 player; all for the sake of inspiration, of course. My debut series, The Oxford Trilogy, has been a blast to write because I can indulge in my favorite types of music: Country and English rock.

My main goal as a writer is to make readers dream bigger and cause their hearts to beat a little faster. Since my writing is all about sharing dreams and stories, I love connecting with fellow readers and authors.

Website ♥ Twitter ♥ Facebook ♥ Youtube


No comments:

Post a Comment

We always love to hear from readers so share your thoughts with us!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...