November 29, 2012

Review: Stalk Me

Stalk me. (The Keatyn Chronicles #1) by Jillian Dodd
Age Group: Young Adult
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Release Date: September 1, 2012
Buy Links:

Amazon

Book Description:

Keatyn has everything she ever dreamed of. Her life is following the script she wrote for the perfect high school experience. She’s popular, goes to the best parties, dates the hottest guy, and sits at the most coveted lunch table.

She’s just not sure she wants it anymore.

Because really, things aren’t all that perfect.
Her best friend is threatening to tell everyone her perfect relationship is a scam.
Her perfect boyfriend gets drunk at every party they go to.
It’s exhausting always trying to look and act perfect.
And deep down, she isn’t sure if she has any true friends.

To add to the drama, her movie star mom’s long-time fan has turned stalker. An older man is flirting with her and telling her they should make a movie together. And she’s crushing on an adorable surfer. Dating a guy like him would mean committing social suicide.

So she writes a new script. One where all the pieces of her life will come together in perfect harmony.

But little does she know, there’s someone who will do anything to make sure that doesn’t happen.

♥ ♥ ♥



I have been marinating over this review for hours and even after all that time the only thing I can say is I’m totally Team Cush! I love Cush to death he might have actually been my favorite character in this book possibly even more than Keatyn. I think I’m having trouble because I really enjoyed the style of writing in this book and I really liked the characters, except for Brooklyn, but at the same time there were several things that I didn’t like.

The premise of the story is great and Jillian Dodd writes a fast paces and exciting novel. Her characters are very relatable, funny, and snarky, which of course I love. I love the dynamic between Keatyn and her family. Her Mom and Tommy are great and the fact that there are a gaggle of kids in her house is adorable.


I really enjoyed getting to know Keatyn and the way she struggled with who she was and who she wanted to be was incredibly believable. So many teenagers have no clue who they want to be and I like that, that aspect of the book was very real.

But I feel like halfway through the book; maybe even sooner Keatyn got a little boy crazy. One of my pet peeves is people just hopping back and forth from guys being all “in love” and then moving on to the next guy or flirting and kissing a guy when you’re supposedly in love with someone else.

That bugged me and I hated how Brooklyn basically just used her. You don’t tell someone you love them and then call them a friend. He was an ass. Keatyn was in love with him for the longest time and then he totally breaks her heart. But Cush, I can see him being in love with her, waiting around and just being her friend.

I can look past that though, because the story was good and the writing was captivating. Another thing that kind of bugged me was the story was about a stalker and there was barely anything in it about him. I knew who it was as soon as the character was introduced, but I thought there would have been more in that department.

The entire first book was mostly about the guys she was sleeping with and the friends who were driving her crazy. And that’s not to say it wasn’t good or entertaining because it was. I just wish there would have been a little more focus on the bad guy, but the second book seems to pick up right where the first left off so I’m looking forward to reading that one and seeing how the whole storyline plays out!

All in all it was a well written, interesting book. And I totally hope the Cushman is back in Kiss Me!



♥ ♥ ♥


Author Bio:

Hey everyone!! I'm Jillian Dodd, author of the That Boy series. That Boy and That Wedding. I'm working on a new series called The Keatyn Chronicles as well as plotting out That Baby. I love to read, love hanging out at goodreads, and love to talk to y'all!!

I was lucky enough to find my own prince in college. We have two wonderful teenaged children, a Maltese named Sugar Bear and a new Lab puppy named Camber Lacey.

I have an active blog, which my daughter, Kenzie, helps me with. We'd love to have you visit us there. I am a big believer in giving back, so I donate a portion of my book sales to charity!

Twitter  ♥  Facebook  ♥  Website  ♥  Goodreads


No comments:

Post a Comment

We always love to hear from readers so share your thoughts with us!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...