December 13, 2012

Review: Any Other Night

Any Other Night by Anne Pfeffer
Age Group: Young Adult
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Release Date: May 19, 2012
Buy Links:

Amazon

Book Description:

Any other night, Ryan Mills would have driven his best friend, Michael, to Emily's sweet sixteen party at the Breakers Club. Instead, determined to win over the birthday girl, he goes to the party early and alone, setting off a chain of events that ends with a car accident in which Michael dies.

Ryan blames himself for what happened to Michael. As far as he's concerned, he doesn't deserve to have love or ever be happy again. Then he learns Michael left a secret behind. Ryan feels compelled to take on his friend's unfinished business, and in the process, changes his life forever and becomes a man.

This book was published in October 2011 under the title Loving Emily. In May 2012, it was reissued with its content unchanged as Any Other Night. Many older ratings and reviews remain under the old title. Please put newer ratings and reviews here.

♥ ♥ ♥



What is with books making me cry lately?

I swear this one was yet another tear jerker, at least for me it was. Ryan is a good guy, I mean honest to god good guy. Did I love the romance in this book? Yes, I love most romance, but for once the actual story itself is what compelled me to burn through this book so quickly. While this story centers mostly around Ryan and what he deals with after Michael’s car crash, there are also so many more teen issues explored through the course of this book.

I think my favorite character in this book was Ryan. I like all of the supporting characters too except for Ryan’s Mother. She just rubbed me the wrong way. Anyway I digress. Ryan’s life changes in one night and everything he’s ever known falls out from beneath his feet. Loosing Michael did a hell of a lot more damage to him then he initially realizes.

The guilt he feels for his best friend’s death is present through most of the story and for a good portion of the time he has no one to talk to and nowhere to go to let out all the emotions he’s feeling. His parents are always out, his friends don’t understand and the person he counts on the most is dead.

There are several great twists in this story and while I don’t want to give them away I need to say that I really like how much Emily is there for Ryan. She makes him feel like he’s not alone. The thing about Ryan’s guilt though is it winds up opening so many doors for him, from Emily, to the teen center, and quite a few things in between.

Ryan grows up a lot throughout the course of the story and figures out what kind of a man he is because of Michael’s death. The whole experience changes him. I really enjoyed how this was written and it’s definitely one of those stories that’s worth checking out.



♥ ♥ ♥


Author Bio:

Anne Pfeffer lives in Los Angeles, CA near a large rotating neon chicken head with her daughter and her dachshund, Taco.







Twitter  ♥  Facebook  ♥  Website  ♥  Goodreads



1 comment:

  1. @Aman Hey there! I'm so glad you liked the review! Yeah this was an emotional real, but it was also really good with a hopeful ending! Thanks for stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete

We always love to hear from readers so share your thoughts with us!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...