March 9, 2013

Promotional Event: After Tuesday

After Tuesday by Renee Ericson
Age Group: New Adult
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Release Date: April 9, 2013
Buy Links:

AmazonBook Depository

Book Description:

Family really is a pain…especially when your father is an addict.

For the last two years, high school senior Ruby has been her own rock and solace. She has learned to depend only on herself and hides her family's issues by keeping herself somewhat unnoticeable. Despite her isolation, Ruby has intrigued the affections of someone unexpected. Finding herself loving life once again as his persistence sparks a romance awakening a well-protected heart.

While Ruby’s relationship with her father is constantly teetering, her new-found affection continues to blossom into something more than she ever thought possible. Soon, Ruby comes to realize that opening up your heart means being susceptible to love and disappointment.

*This book contains mature content including profanity, drug/alcohol use, and sexual situations/language.

♥ ♥ ♥

Excerpt:


“Good,” he says leaning forward with his elbows on his knees as a smile, a smile I am learning to really enjoy, takes over his face. “So, are you available tomorrow?”

“Um, yeah? What did you have in mind?”

“How about I surprise you?” A surprise, huh? I’m not so sure. Surprises in my experience are not a good thing, but I can’t deny how pleasantly surprised I have been by him already.

“All right. I’ll allow that, but you have to promise me no Michal Jackson music. Deal?”


“It’s an odd request, but it’s a deal,” he grins widely as he stretches out his hand and we shake to seal the deal as I look deep into his eyes. I attempt to pull back my hand but he squeezes it tighter and then in one swift motion playfully pulls me off of my seat towards him. I screech as I trip over my feet and into his arms in an awkward embrace. Well, not really an embrace. I’ve landed on top of him. Wow, he smells good.

“Uh, sorry” I mumble into his shirt. “I’m not usually such a klutz.” I push my body away, turning off of him onto the seat next to him. This is really an uncomfortable moment. Catching my breath, I look to the sky at the stars, which are really shining brightly tonight. I can feel him looking at me and shift my eyes in his direction.

“Ruby,” he sighs and I turn my head to get a better view of him. His mouth is slightly parted and his eyes are hooded in deep thought. I see him let out a silent shaky breath before he continues, “let’s go and see what Lexi and Owen are up to.”

“OK.”

He stands and grabs my hand leading me off the boat and down the boardwalk and toward the dock. When we arrive at the dock Lexi and Owen are missing. Brent pulls out his phone to call to see where they are noticing a text from Owen saying he took Lexi home. I look at my phone and notice it is a little after eleven.

“Well, I guess it is getting late. You ready to go?” Brent asks.

“Yeah sure.”

Brent pulls up my street and parks the car in front of my house since the driveway is filled with cars.

“Looks like there is a party going on,” he motions his chin to my uncle’s house.

“Oh, I’m sure my uncle is just having a few people over,” I say flustered with my eyes in my lap.

Out of my peripheral vision I see Brent’s body lean in my direction and feel his hand sweep my hair behind my ear. With his hand near my neck, I turn to look at him and his fingers caress the back of my head.

“So, I’ll see you tomorrow?” he raises his eyebrows and swallows.

“Yeah, sounds good.”

Brent nods. “How about I come by around ten?..in the morning?”

“Great…”

My mind starts to trail off because I’m suddenly very aware of how small the space between us is getting as his eyes dart to my mouth and then my eyes. He leans closer to me and I wonder if he is going to kiss me. I would certainly welcome it.

Looking into his eyes I feel my mouth tug on one side in anticipation. His dimples flash before I close my eyes awaiting the inevitable. The heat of his breath skims across my face and lips before his mouth gently lands on my right cheek. I shudder slightly from the sensation of electricity thrumming through my veins. He pulls back, looks into my eyes and smiles shyly.

Sitting back into his seat and releasing his hand from hair he says, “So I’ll see you in the morning?”

I nod my head and say, “Yeah, see you then.”

Book Trailer



♥ ♥ ♥


Author Bio:

A ninja when it comes to most things in my life, wearer of hoodies, fluent in Yoda speak,and I like to make videos with Lego figures. I’m a long time insomniac, but don’t have the energy to start an underground Fight Club so I settle for writing stories about the characters in my mind. I currently reside in the Boston area but sound nothing like Ben Affleck or Matt Damon.







No comments:

Post a Comment

We always love to hear from readers so share your thoughts with us!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...