April 26, 2013

Promotional Event: Good Enough to Trust (Good Enough #2)



Good Enough to Trust (Good Enough #2) by Zara Stoneley
Age Group: Adult
Genre: Contemporary Romance, Erotica
Release Date: April 2, 2013
Buy Links:

Amazon

Book Description:

Do you trust the boy you loved, or the man you might?

Sophie has only one thing on her New Year’s resolution list – sorting out her life.

Losing her parents was hard, blaming herself hurt more – but was it really her fault, or was accepting the guilt easier than facing up to the truth?

Retracing her steps was never going to be easy, risking her heart again is even harder - and when there's two men to choose from will it be easier to trust the man she's never stopped loving, or the one that might give her the new start she needs?

Warning: This title is intended for readers over the age of 18 as it contains explicit sex scenes and/or situations (including m/f/m menage and outdoor sex) and adult language, and may be considered offensive to some readers.

♥ ♥ ♥

Excerpt:

“Do you love Holly?” I felt him stiffen, maybe because I’d caught him unawares, or maybe because talking slush wasn’t his thing, but we’d always been honest with each other, answered the questions that mattered.

“I think so. I thought I loved Sal, but this is different. I’d never let her down and hurt her, if that’s what you’re asking.”

“No, it isn’t that. Why is it different?”

There was a long pause, but that was Dane, he was thinking. So, for once, I let him and didn’t interrupt him. I wanted to hear his answer, not mine.



“Maybe because I’m a bit older, more mature, different expectations I guess. Why?”

“It’s different with Ollie too.” I was half talking to myself, but it was so quiet I knew he could hear and the warmth of his body against mine felt safe. “I was mad about him when we were kids.” I laughed, I had been. I’d never thought about it before, when it had all gone wrong it set a different perspective on things. But I had been mad about him, he’d been wicked and bad with a sexy, naughty daredevil streak that made my heart race. He’d scared me and excited me and I’d have followed him wherever he’d led. I hadn’t wanted safe and secure, and Ollie hadn’t been. But he had been kind and considerate too, I’d never felt like he’d push me too far or that he’d abandon me. I’d felt like it was never going to end.

“I was mad about him, but I loved him, it was a kind of uncomplicated, mad passionate, no holds barred thing I think, because I didn’t know any better.” I picked at the grass. “I came down here with him because I loved him, not just because it was hard at home.”

“And?”

“And now it’s different. It hurts. When I saw him again it scared me, it wasn’t easy anymore because I’d made it have this importance attached to it.”

“Different expectations?”

“Yeah, I suppose so. He let me down and I’m scared of him doing it again. So it has to be totally real now or I can’t do it, I wanted to know he loves me and he doesn’t. Not enough anyway.”

“Maybe he has different expectations too?”

“Like?”

“You don’t need me to tell you that.”

I wasn’t sure what Ollie expected, but it wasn’t what he’d seen when he was with me.

♥ ♥ ♥


Author Bio:

Zara Stoneley has been writing stories for as long as she’s been reading them. She submitted her first novel, a thriller, to a UK publisher when she was twelve years old.

After moving on to romance, she started off writing contemporary romance with a bit of sizzle, and then discovered she liked hot and erotic too. Her erotic work has been published by Xcite Books and Breathless Press. She also writes contemporary romance under the name Susie Medwell, and her latest romance is due to be published by Lyrical Press in May 2013.

Zara loves her family, sunshine, wine, good food, caffeine, cats, music, writing and reading - but not necessarily in that order!



No comments:

Post a Comment

We always love to hear from readers so share your thoughts with us!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...