April 16, 2013

Review: Date Me (The Keatyn Chronicles #3)



Date Me (The Keatyn Chronicles #3) by Jillian Dodd
Age Group: Young Adult
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Release Date: April 9, 2013
Buy Links:

Amazon

Book Description:

I’m not scripting my life anymore.
I’m living it.
I’m done with the God of all Hotties.
I’m going to give my heart to the boy who I think deserves it.
The boy whose kisses are hotter than molten lava.
The boy who offered me the key to his heart.
The boy who asked me to Homecoming in a big, sexy way.

There are so many things to look forward to.
Parties at the Cave. Homecoming festivities. Drama Tryouts. Shopping trips to NY.
But things aren’t always as perfect as they seem.
I find out that my best friend has been keeping a secret from me.
Not that I can blame him.
I have secrets too.
But, for now, I’m going to pretend I’m just a normal girl.
I’m going to pretend he’s not still out there.
I’m going to pretend he’s not getting desperate.
I’m going to pretend I’ll never see him again.
But, I will.
And this time, I might not get away.

♥ ♥ ♥


I think Date Me might actually be my favorite novel so far out of all three Keatyn Chronicle books. The ending literally blew me away and made me super gleeful, but since I don't make a habit of ruining the ends of books for people, my lips are sealed.

But it's good. So very good.

Let me back track a bit to the beginning of the story, which picks up immediately where the last book left off. That is one thing I really enjoy about this series. There aren't any huge gaps that have to filled, we get to see what's going on when it happens.

Date Me is filled with parrying, creative sex, and drama. I think sometimes I forget how full of drama things were when I was in high school, which is why some of the things Keatym freaks out about makes me roll my eyes. I complained in the last book that I felt Keatyn was acting a little smutty and while she has her moments in this book too I think as a character she really grew.


Jilliam Dodd does a nice job of delving into Keatyn’s emotional state in this book. Though shes enjoying the life she created for herself at her new school she misses her family and her old life too and it’s clear to the reader that's starting to her to her. I like that we see that struggle and I also like that we see a return of Vincent in this book.

Dodd has created a lot of lovable characters and the more we learn about the Riley, Jake, Dawson, Katie, Peyton, and everyone else the more I like them. Even Whitney had a bit of a redeeming quality in part of this book and we see why she is the way she is.

One thing that still bugs me though is Keatyn is supposed to be keeping a low profile. Some crazy stalked is after her and she’s running around, going away calling her family making videos and posting them online. It's like hello, stalked why are you putting yourself out there. I want to smack some sense into haha.

But all in all I really enjoyed how fast paced the book was and how Keatyn grows as a person. We see her settle down and though her quest for love is a bit crazy, since there aren't many people who fall in love at 17, it’s really nice to see her connection with some people go deeper than sex and fleeting romance. That being said I'm totally Team...yeah I can’t tell you that haha, maybe in the next book. ;)


♥ ♥ ♥


Author Bio:

Hey everyone!! I'm Jillian Dodd, author of the That Boy series. That Boy and That Wedding. I'm working on a new series called The Keatyn Chronicles as well as plotting out That Baby. I love to read, love hanging out at goodreads, and love to talk to y'all!!

I was lucky enough to find my own prince in college. We have two wonderful teenaged children, a Maltese named Sugar Bear and a new Lab puppy named Camber Lacey.

I have an active blog, which my daughter, Kenzie, helps me with. We'd love to have you visit us there. I am a big believer in giving back, so I donate a portion of my book sales to charity!

Twitter  ♥  Facebook  ♥  Website  ♥  Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment

We always love to hear from readers so share your thoughts with us!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...