May 19, 2013

Review: Beautiful Monster

Beautiful Monster by Bella Forrest
Age Group: Young Adult
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Release Date: May 13, 2013
Buy Links:

Amazon

Book Description:

Liam Swift is a young man Amy has always admired from afar.

She's seen his face a thousand times; on the screen and in magazines. He seems unstoppable as his talent and beauty send him hurtling toward becoming a Hollywood legend...

Until one day - in what appears to be a fit of madness - he stuns the world by throwing it all away. Not even the most persistent reporter can fathom the reason behind Liam's decision.

Never in Amy's wildest dreams could she have imagined this God of acting would go on to accept employment at her local boarding school. Or that he'd personally start teaching her drama lessons.

It seems life can't get much better for Amy ... until the sound of tortured weeping starts echoing through the thin walls of her dorm room each night, leading her to stumble upon a horrifying secret Liam had hoped to keep hidden forever...

♥ ♥ ♥



When Bella Forrest first approached me saying she had a new surprise I immediately though it would be the third book in the ‘Shade’ series, but in fact she wow’ed me even more by sending me a copy of Beautiful Monster.

Guys, this book is amazing.

Beautiful Monster follows the story of 17-year-old Amy who wants nothing more than to be an actress, to live on stage and follow her dreams. But because of her illness, she doesn’t think it will ever happen, until one day fate intervenes and she is given the chance she never thought she’d have.



This story surprised me. When I first started reading it I didn’t expect any supernatural elements so when that aspect popped up I was pleasantly surprised and incredibly intrigued. Forrest did an amazing job of getting inside Amy and Liam’s heads, showing us what it’s like to be them from their perspectives.

When Liam is first introduced he comes across as cold and distant, but as the story progresses we see sides of him we didn’t know existed. I love learning about a character, their strengths, there weaknesses. It makes them real to me. Seeing them laugh and cry, suffer and prevail, makes them more than just some character in a book.

Forrest has the ability to do that. She has the ability to create characters that you love and hate, characters you want to know more about, characters that you are so invested in that when you have no more pages left on the Kindle you get genuinely annoyed the story is over!

I’ve got to say that Beautiful Monster was different than anything I’ve ever read and Amy’s character was so unique and strong. I don’t know if I would be able to be as strong if I were her. She’s brave and loving and her outlook on life is so much better than most people in her position, plus the plot was unique. I adored the setting because it was new and not used in any of the books I’ve read before this.

Beautiful Monster was hauntingly beautiful, in its complex simplicity.  The connection between Amy and Liam was stunning and powerful. It left me not only with a sense of contentment and foreboding of things to come. I wouldn’t highly recommend this story, it really did blow me away!



♥ ♥ ♥
Author Bio:

I've been telling stories pretty much since I could talk. Instead of having my parents read me bed-time stories, I would prefer to share with them my own made up tales.

As I grew older, I developed a passion for the fantasy genre. I'm an incurable Potterhead.

My debut novel, A Shade of Vampire, was released on December 14, 2012. The book became a Number 1 Christmas Bestseller in Vampire Romance, Paranormal and Fantasy on Amazon.




2 comments:

  1. WOW it sounds like a great book. I like how she writes, I'm still about to read book 2 of A Shade of Vampire
    Great review
    Ruty@Reading...Dreaming


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Ruty, it's an amazing book! You should definitely check it out after you read book 2 in the A Shade of Vampire series. :)

      Delete

We always love to hear from readers so share your thoughts with us!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...