July 17, 2013

Review: Fall With Me

Fall With Me by Bella Forrest
Age Group: New Adult
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Release Date: July, 15, 2013
Buy Links:

Amazon

Book Description:

Jill Freyss-Charon is just trying to get through the year. After losing her father in a horrific car accident, she is eager to return to her summer job at a horse ranch where she knows everything will be just as it always is each summer.

But when a tanned young man washes up on the beach outside her tent one night, half-drowned and begging to be given shelter until morning, any hope of normality immediately vanishes.

Jill has dated Griffin Alexander's type before, and soon regrets taking him in when he decides to stay on at the ranch. She finds she is repelled by him, and doesn't believe his crazy story about being kidnapped and held to ransom... until three words escape his lips that send her head into a tailspin.

...Three words that threaten to unravel her painful past and bring her closer to this man she is trying to avoid - which will put her in more danger than either realizes.

♥ ♥ ♥


Oh my god where has Griffin been all my life?!?

Bella, chica, you’re trying to drown me in hotness aren’t you? Don’t lie; I know your tricks. ;) Fall With Me by Bella Forrest is amazing and exactly the kind of book I enjoy reading on a sweltering summer day. Fall With Me follows 22-year-old Jill Freyss-Charon as she attempts to cope with a horrific tragedy that left her Mother in a wheelchair and her Father dead.

Jill’s entire life is on big clusterfuck and she’s hoping that her normal summer job will be an escape from everything she’s had to deal with since the accident. Cue Griffin washing up on beach after being kidnapped. Did I mention I love this book?


One great thing about Forrest’s books are they’re never boring. She brings us into the story right in the midst of things and Fall With Me is no different. The books starts with Griffin already at the kidnappers mercy. We see him work through his escape and eventual meeting with Jill.

Have I mentioned that Jill hates Griffin? Because she does. It’s hilarious how mean she is to him and yet at the same time there are totally parts of the book where I want to slap her and tell her to stop being suck a bitch. At the same time though, I really enjoyed Jill as a person.

She’s been through some pretty heavy stuff and the fact that she hasn’t given up on life and crawled into a corner to cry just makes me think she’s that much more awesome! Griffin on the other hand wasn’t exactly a model citizen when he washed up on that beach in California. But the great thing about his character is the fact that he grows so much as a person throughout the story.

That’s another thing I have to commend Forrest on. Her characters are always so well thought out. Even if you don’t start off with much, throughout the book you learn so much about what makes certain characters tick and that seriously makes a book for me.

Having characters I cn relate to and understand mixed with a good plot and some romance is definitely my kryptonite. Speaking of plot, without giving anything away I have to say I absolutely love the turn this story takes. There are a few twists and a few moments where you’re like holy crap, did that just happen?


All in all I would definitely recommend this book and hopefully there will be a sequel. With and ending like that there better be!



♥ ♥ ♥
Author Bio:

I've been telling stories pretty much since I could talk. Instead of having my parents read me bed-time stories, I would prefer to share with them my own made up tales.

As I grew older, I developed a passion for the fantasy genre. I'm an incurable Potterhead.

My debut novel, A Shade of Vampire, was released on December 14, 2012. The book became a Number 1 Christmas Bestseller in Vampire Romance, Paranormal and Fantasy on Amazon.





No comments:

Post a Comment

We always love to hear from readers so share your thoughts with us!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...