July 30, 2013

Review: A Shadow of Light (A Shade of Vampire #4)

A Shadow of Light (A Shade of Vampire #4) by Bella Forrest
Age Group: Young Adult
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Release Date: July 30, 2013
Buy Links:

Amazon

Book Description:

A riot among the humans. A siege at the port. A kingdom on the brink of civil war while still facing the threat of an attack from outside forces at any moment."

Since the implosion at The Oasis and Derek's stay at Hawk Headquarters, The Shade has fallen into a state of utter chaos. To make matters worse, the citizens of Derek's kingdom have become suspicious of his loyalties and accuse him of siding with the enemy... At a time when Derek desperately needs full cooperation from his subjects, they wish to put their own King on trial.

Meanwhile, Sofia is being held hostage by the hunters. They are determined to rid her of her infatuation with the vampire. She submits to the strict routine and training they impose on her, but the only fuel that keeps her going is the thought of reuniting with Derek - something Reuben is fighting with every fiber of his being to ensure will never happen.

...Until one day, out of the blue, Reuben appears to have a change of heart and comes to Sofia with a proposal; a solution that she never dreamed possible. A solution that would fulfil her heart's deepest desires and secure her and Derek's future together, forever.

But can she really trust this man who is so renowned for his hatred of vampires? Does she even have a choice?


♥ ♥ ♥


Oh my god! Gah, drama! This is what’s happening to my head right now.



…Okay, that was a little incoherent I understand, bear with me I’m trying to put my head back together and having slightly better luck than Humpty Dumpty. A Shadow of Light by Bella Forrest is the continuation in the A Shade of Vampire Series and by far the most information packed book in the series yet. Bella is a doll and indulges my extreme love for this series with ARC’s.

That being said, I don’t want to give too much away, but I need to throw out a few small spoilers, so if you’re super touché about them, skip this review. I promise nothing huge will be revealed, just tiny tidbits, honest.

First I absolutely love how Bella gave us some insight into Ingrid aka Camilla Claremont. I was so excited to see that we got a few chapters from her point of view as well as Aiden’s and even Gregor, Derek’s Father. We finally get to see how Aiden and Camilla met and what their story is. We get to see how and why Camilla became Ingrid and how this affected the people around her.

When all is said and done on the Camilla front, I’ve got to say I hate her. She’s a heartless bitch.



I want to go all Buffy on her ass and stab her in the throat…



*coughs* That got a little serious…Moving on haha.

We all known how sad it was to see Derek leave Sophia in the last book (I tried to reach into the story and strangle him, but it didn’t work). And while I was super upset and crabby that they were separate in book two (Mostly because Ben is a douche and I hate him) I wasn’t too upset this time around because it was clear to see that they had both grown as people and even though they missed each other desperately, they were determined to fix what was broken so they could find each other.

Speaking of broken, I know I shouldn’t hate Aiden because he genuinely cares for Sophia, but I honestly can’t stand how he thinks he knows everything and that other hunter girl, her name starts with a ‘Z’ I can’t remember it, but she bugs the ever loving hell out of me too. Every time she is in a scene with Sophia I keep hoping Sophia will just bitch slap her, unfortunately that doesn’t happen.

Oh, but you know who I actually do like in this book??? Claudia, can you believe that? Bella did an amazing job of redeeming her in my eyes. I also really like Natalie. There are so many really awesome supporting characters in this series that I want to hug. 

On top of all the background information we get on people including Claudia and Yuri there are about three big surprises that blew me away. In my opinion A Shadow of Light is by far the best book in the series yet. I cannot wait to see where book five goes and if they find what they’re looking for to fulfill the prophecy and save the Shade. I would absolutely recommend this book a thousand times over!



♥ ♥ ♥
Author Bio:

I've been telling stories pretty much since I could talk. Instead of having my parents read me bed-time stories, I would prefer to share with them my own made up tales.

As I grew older, I developed a passion for the fantasy genre. I'm an incurable Potterhead.

My debut novel, A Shade of Vampire, was released on December 14, 2012. The book became a Number 1 Christmas Bestseller in Vampire Romance, Paranormal and Fantasy on Amazon.



No comments:

Post a Comment

We always love to hear from readers so share your thoughts with us!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...