November 13, 2013

Author Spotlight: Liesel K. Hill

Persistence of Vision (Interchron #1) by Liesel K. Hill
Age Group: Adult
Genre: Dystopian Fantasy
Release Date: January 29, 2013
Buy Links:

AmazonBarnes and Noble

Book Description:

In a world where collective hives are enslaving the population and individuals have been hunted to the verge of extinction, Maggie Harper, and independent 21st Century woman, must find the strength to preserve the freedom of the future, but without the aid of her memories.

After experiencing a traumatic time loss, Maggie is plagued by a barrage of images she can't explain. When she's attacked by a creep with a spider's web tattoo, she is saved by Marcus, a man she's never met, but somehow remembers. He tells her that both he and her creepy attacker are from a future in which individuals are being murdered by collectives, and Marcus is part of the rebellion. The collectives have acquired time travel and they plan to enslave the human race throughout all of history. The flashes Maggie has been seeing are echoes of lost memories, and the information buried deep within them is instrumental in defeating the collective hives.

In order to preserve the individuality of mankind, Maggie must try to re-discover stolen memories, re-kindle friendships she has no recollection of, and wade through her feelings for the mysterious Marcus, all while dodging the tattooed assassins the collectives keep sending her way.

If Maggie can't fill the holes in her memory and find the answers to stop the collectives, the world both in her time and in all ages past and future will be doomed to enslavement in the grey, mediocre collectives. As the danger swirls around her and the collectives close in, Maggie realizes she must make a choice: stand out or fade away...


♥ ♥ ♥


Do you remember where your interest in writing came from or did you just always know you wanted to be a writer?

I’ve always been a big reader and a huge lover of stories. One of my earliest memories is of my parents reading great stories to me. I’ve wanted to write a book since I was only a kid, but I never really saw it as a career. I guess I always thought it would be something I’d do on the side. Not until I got into college did I decide to go after it whole-heartedly.

What comes first for you, the characters or the plot?

If I had to pick, I’d say plot, but really they come together.  I tend to envision a plot, but I also envision how characters will react in that plot, which means I already have a pretty good idea of who they’ll be. I just have to hammer out details.

Do you do research for your books? If so, how much?
Depends on the genre. I write across several distinct genres. I do little to none for my fantasy and dystopian, some for my crime drama (still pretty minimal, though) but lots for my historical fiction. My first historical fiction will be out in May 2014. It’s set in Russia in the middle ages and I did tons of research for that.


"Dark Remnants" and the "Interchron" books are widely different genre-wise. What made you switch genres in your writing?

I guess I’m just really eclectic. I’m someone who writes with lots of different colored pens, loves lots of different types of foods, and wears lots of different colored clothes. I just like variety.

Do you have a favorite genre to write in?

It just depends on my mood. Once I’ve written fantasy for a while, I get a hankering to write something else, and so on. My biggest reading love is epic fantasy, so if I had to choose, I’d say fantasy, but in truth I love all my genres equally.

What gave you the idea to explore brain chemistry in the "Interchron" series?

Before my college epiphany that I was destined to be a writer, I was studying science. I’ve always loved science, especially anything to do with the body and the brain. I’m fascinated by the brain-body connection. I think the brain/body/spirit are much more connected than most people realize, so I decided to write a story about it.

You said that "Dark Remnants" will also be turned into a series- do you have an idea of how many books the Street Games series will total out at?

I couldn’t give you a number, but if I keep them relatively short, then quite a few. I hope to get them out quickly, though, rather than just one a year as many series do.

Along the same lines- Do you know how many books "Interchron" will end up having?

Right now I’m planning on five. It’s not set in stone, but I have it more-or-less planned out, and the more I write, the less I think it will change.

What made you decide to write "Quantum Entanglement" in other characters' points of views besides just Maggie's?

It was mostly a matter of necessity. This story has many characters and in book 2, they’re split up into three distinct groups. The only way to effectively tell the story was through multiple POVs.

Who's your personal favorite of the Interchron Team?

I truly don’t have a favorite. I love them all equally. Maggie’s the heroine, and probably the most like me. Joan’s the mother hen. It’s fun to play Marcus and David off one another, and Karl’s fun because he’s such a goof ball. And then there’s wise Doc. They’re all different, and I couldn’t choose.

Quickes:

Coffee or Tea?

Neither, really. Sometimes herbal tea, but I have to be in the right mood.

Milk Chocolate or Dark?

Dark. Definitely. I loved it before it became the “healthy” chocolate to eat.

Favorite novel?

Any in the Wheel of Time series. If I had to pick, either volume 4 or 14. Both amazing!

Favorite Author?

Robert Jordan (Author of The Wheel of Time)

Hard copy books or ebooks?

Both. Ebooks when I needs something cheap or convenient. Hard copies for books and authors I love and need to feel in my hands.


♥ ♥ ♥


Author Bio:

Her scifi, fantasy and dystopian are written under Liesel K. Hill and her crime drama and historical fiction are written under L.K. Hill. She lives in northern Utah and comes from a large, tight-knit family. Loves to bake, read, and watch plenty of T.V. And plans to keep writing until they nail her coffin shut. Or the Second Coming happens. You know, whichever happens first. ;D












No comments:

Post a Comment

We always love to hear from readers so share your thoughts with us!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...