November 18, 2013

Guest Post: Mary Jo Fay - An Erotic Thriller! ME?

Blatant Deception by Mary Jo Fay
Age Group: Adult
Genre: Erotica Thriller
Release Date: July 15, 2013
Buy Links:

Amazon

Book Description:

Inspired by true events … When lonely psychotherapist Claudia Carson goes online to find love, she gets a lot more than she bargained for. Believing that she has met Diego, the man of her dreams, she falls for him hard and fast in a matter of days.

Yet, little does she know that the true identity of her steamy email relationship is a sexual predator by the name of Jonathan Fardy who sits in his secret lair, hoping to find perfect victims to toy with online. A mild-mannered real estate agent by day, he is the geeky, office chum –barely noticed by those around him. If they only knew what he did behind closed doors.

Due to some odd coincidences that play out, Fardy ends up in Claudia’s house – unbeknownst to her- and as the stakes are upped, he goes from being an Internet jerk to a potentially dangerous predator.

Blinded by her infatuation with the mysterious Diego, Claudia ignores all the red flags screaming at her to run and realizes only too late that it’s not that easy to pull the plug on the man on the other end of cyberspace.

♥ ♥ ♥




An Erotic Thriller! ME?

If you’d have asked me so much as a year ago if I’d ever write erotica I’d have told you that you were crazy! As a relationship guru, (they call me the “Voice of Dating, Mating, and Relating”), I usually write self-help/relationship books like “When Your Perfect Partner Goes Perfectly Wrong,” “The Seven Secrets of Love,” or “Get Out of Your Boxx!”

I suppose, one of my other ones, “Please Dear, Not Tonight: The Truth About Women and Sex” should have helped me see that a trend in my topics was definitely evolving, but a NOVEL? A very dark, steamy novel, no less? Me? The gal who went to nursing school decades ago, never realizing I was going to end up “nursing” people’s relationships, including founding the Intimacy College where I teach men about women in the bedroom and women about themselves! (My mother is probably rolling over in her grave as we speak!)

Hell, I’d never even written fiction before! Much less steamy fiction! With a dark, dangerous, and scary-as-hell sexual predator, no less!

Well, OK. I’ll tell you why I wrote an erotic thriller … I read “Fifty Shades of Grey” and it pissed me off! (Honestly – not kidding!)



While I was thrilled with the fact that it got folks to actually talk about sex and got them to open their minds to wider options of intimate play, as a dating coach I was downright crazed at many of the concepts of relationship behavior in the book. First of all, there are numerous, serious red flags throughout that our heroine blatantly ignores, which, in many real life situations, could have left her in terrific danger.

In addition, I constantly remind my clients to love their mate for who they are – NOT FOR WHAT THEIR POTENTIAL MIGHT BE! The stud-muffin leading man, Christian is one messed up guy and even years of therapy is not going to change him – at least not in real life! But what happens? (Beware – spoiler alert, if you’ve not read 50 Shades yet!) Ana FIXES HIM and they live happily ever after! Aaaarrrgggg! Are you kidding me?

So – I figure, if people are suddenly craving erotica, if I can spin a good thriller, AND I can weave some practical dating lessons into the fabric of the story, maybe – just maybe I can help those out there in the dating and relationship world approach dating, relationships, and intimacy with their eyes wide open and be on a more realistic path to “happily ever after,” instead of the make believe story line of a reality TV show.

On the other hand, if your’e already in a relationship and wish you could ramp up your intimacy with your mate, I wanted to write something that you could read to each other at bedtime and spice things up a bit! Intimacy with your mate is some of the greatest glue that holds relationships together! But you need to keep it fresh and fun!

The erotic scenes in Blatant Deception will definitely add some “freshness” to your love-making, I GUARANTEE IT! And I promise you’ll never look at co-ed cooking the same way again!

Lastly, our predator is a very dark personality and we get a look from inside his head about what makes someone like this tick, as the chapters jump back and forth from the victim’s viewpoint to the predator's.

So if you like steamy sex, an edge-of-your-seat thriller, and a bad guy you're gonna hate from the get-go, and some tough dating lessons woven into the fabric of the story, then this book is for you.

However, if you're faint of heart, have had a terrorizing Internet deception experience before, or fear watching the national news every day where people like Arial Castro holds 3 girls hostage for a decade and has his way with them, then this is NOT your book.

Nuf said

♥ ♥ ♥


Author Bio:

Mary Jo Fay is a highly respected relationship and dating guru. Referred to by many as the "Voice of Dating, Mating, and Relating" she uses her Master's Degree in nursing combined with her PhD from her personal dating school of hard knocks to nurse folks with unhealthy relationships and intimacy issues back to healthy, satisfying ones. Mary Jo's previous books include nonfiction self-help works: "Please Dear, Not Tonight - The Truth About Women and Sex," "When Your Perfect Partner Goes Perfectly Wrong," "The Seven Secrets of Love," and "Get Out of Your Boxx!" This is her first novel. Mary Jo lives in Colorado near family and friends and has a white Schnauzer named Larkin.




No comments:

Post a Comment

We always love to hear from readers so share your thoughts with us!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...