November 30, 2013

Melissa's Book Boyfriend: Adrian Ivashkov





Adrian Ivashkov 



♥ ♥ ♥

"Everything's about my personal entertainment. The world is my stage. Keep it up, you're becoming a star performer in the show"- Adrian in "Bloodlines"

"Being charming is my hobby"- Adrian in "Bloodlines"

"No, you will listen. For once, you're going to hear something that doesn't fit into your neat, compartmentalized world of order and logic and reason. Because this isn't reasonable. If you're terrified, believe me-this scares the hell out of me, too."- Adrian in "The Golden Lily"

“Because I can't help doing it," he said with a shrug. "And hey, if I keep loving you, maybe you'll eventually crack and love me too. Hell, I'm pretty sure you're already half in love with me."- Adrian in "The Indigo Spell"

“It’s Adrian Ivashkov logic. Don’t try to understand it. Just roll with it.”- Adrian in "The Fiery Heart"

“I didn't care about anything except her and the way touching her drove me wild, even as her calm and steady presence soothed the storms that raged within me.”- Adrian in "The Fiery Heart"


♥ ♥ ♥


This is my first Book Boyfriend post, so in honor of the new "Bloodlines" book "The Fiery Heart" (review to be posted on the site later) that came out this month, I dedicate this post to the charismatic Moroi Vampire, Adrian Ivashkov.

What can I say about Adrian to get you to understand how wonderful he is? When we're first introduced to him in Richelle Mead's "The Vampire Academy" series, he's a socialite who loves partying, drinking, and flirting. It isn't until the reader gets to know Adrian on a deeper level that we realize there is more to him than his party boy persona. But it isn't until he appears as a main character in the spinoff series, "Bloodlines" that we get a better look at his personality.

Adrian's party boy attitude is fun when the time calls for it, but it's mostly just an act he puts on because it's what the others expect from him. He's a character who is capable of great things, but his abilities don't get the time to shine like they could when everyone just dismisses him. He's gotten the chance to grow as a character in the "Bloodlines" series, and he's all the better for it. Slowly but surely, others are starting to realize how much potential he has, and it warms my heart to see my fictional main man getting the credit that he deserves.

Even if he's shouldering more responsibilities now, he can still act as the comic relief. We can count on Adrian to add a witty or sarcastic remark to any tense situation, and I love that about him. Since I can be described as a sarcastic bitch at the best of times, I look for that trait in others and he has it in spades. Adrian adds fun to the lives of others, and that's something that should be truly admired.

He may be a vampire, but he's no sparkly and "perfect" Edward Cullen. I picked Adrian to be my first book boyfriend because of his flaws and personality layers. While Edward can do no wrong in Bella's eyes, Adrian screws up and he screws up a lot. But like anyone else, he learns from those mistakes and grows from it. And that's what makes Adrian a wonderful book boyfriend.

If you haven't read Richelle Mead's series "Bloodlines" or even the original series "The Vampire Academy" yet, I suggest you do. That way you can go forth and fall in love with Adrian and we can talk about how wonderful he is together. Just remember – I called dibs first.

♥ ♥ ♥


1 comment:

  1. I love Adrian. He;s my favorite too :)
    And I love the actor you chose, I have tons of fun watching him at OUAT
    Ruty@Reading...Dreaming

    ReplyDelete

We always love to hear from readers so share your thoughts with us!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...