November 27, 2013

Review: Sia


Sia by Josh Grayson
Age Group: Young Adult
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Release Date: November 20, 2013
Buy Links:

Amazon

Book Description:

When seventeen-year-old Sia wakes up on a park bench, she has no idea who or where she is. Yet after a week of being homeless, she’s reunited with her family. 

At school, she’s powerful and popular. At home, she’s wealthy beyond her dreams. But she quickly realizes her perfect life is a lie.

Her family is falling apart and her friends are snobby, cruel and plastic. Worse yet, she discovers she was the cruelest one. Mortified by her past, she embarks on a journey of redemption and falls for Kyle, the “geek” she once tormented. 

Yet all the time she wonders if, when her memories return, she’ll become the bully she was before…and if she’ll lose Kyle.

♥ ♥ ♥


“True friendship is when two friends can walk in opposite directions, yet remain side by side.” – Carol, Sia.

Sia by Josh Grayson follows 17-year-old Sia as she struggles to regain the memories she lost only to realize that the person she was might not be the person she wants to be anymore. I’ve got to say when Josh contacted me about his book, the summary intrigued me and after I saw the breathtaking cover, I had to read it. But I’m not sure anything could have prepared me for the profound and emotional story found within these pages.

Sia is definitely making it onto my list of favorite book and I don’t say that lightly. I really enjoyed the story that unfolded through this book. From the moment Sia wakes up on that bench her life is thrust into upheaval. I can’t possibly imagine what it would be like not knowing who I am or where I’m from the way she did.

I love that Grayson didn’t shy away from what life was like for her on the street and all the different kinds of people who are out there. I adored Carol. I mean really loved her character to death and I felt terrible for what got her living on the streets. The emotion just in the first few chapters alone pulled at my heart more than I thought it would.

And when Sia was finally reunited with her family and friends her priorities were so different than they used to be so much so that she was the outcast of the group instead of the girl who used to run it. Going through everything she did for the week she was homeless made her look at her life and the people in it a lot more closely. Not remembering who she was or what she came from was actually the best thing that ever happened to her.

I am not ashamed to admit that I cried while reading this book. The way Sia’s family came together and the way she changed how people perceived her proves that given the chance people can change. Even Amber was trying to change in the end. Kyle was another bright spot in this book. He was the epitome of good and he helped Sia realize her potential as a human being.


Sia was heartfelt and poignant, tugging at my heartstrings like only well written story can. I enjoyed this book immensely and I’d absolutely recommend it for anyone, especially people who are feeling a little lost in their own skin.



♥ ♥ ♥


Author Bio:

Josh Grayson was born in Mexico, raised in Massachusetts, and now lives in Virginia. It was his move to the South that stirred his imagination and gave him the courage to start writing. During his free time, Josh enjoys reading, jogging, swimming, and watching YouTube videos.











No comments:

Post a Comment

We always love to hear from readers so share your thoughts with us!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...