December 29, 2013

Review: The Rules (Project Paper Doll #1)

The Rules (Project Paper Doll #1) by Stacey Kade
Age Group: Young Adult
Genre: Science Fiction
Release Date: April 23, 2013
Buy Links:

Amazon

Book Description:

1. Never trust anyone.

2. Remember they are always searching.

3. Don’t get involved.

4. Keep your head down.

5. Don’t fall in love.

Five simple rules. Ariane Tucker has followed them since the night she escaped from the genetics lab where she was created, the result of combining human and extraterrestrial DNA. Ariane’s survival—and that of her adoptive father—depends on her ability to blend in among the full-blooded humans in a small Wisconsin town, to hide in plain sight at her high school from those who seek to recover their lost (and expensive) “project.”

But when a cruel prank at school goes awry, it puts her in the path of Zane Bradshaw, the police chief’s son and someone who sees too much. Someone who really sees her. After years of trying to be invisible, Ariane finds the attention frightening—and utterly intoxicating. Suddenly, nothing is simple anymore, especially not the rules…

♥ ♥ ♥


This book is amazing!

Ariane Tucker lives by a set of rules, rules that her adoptive father expects her to follow. But what happens when the rules she’s lived by her whole life are rules she can no longer follow? The Rules by Stacey Kade is probably one of the best books I’ve read this year.  First off let’s talk about how much I love Ariane. Her character is so well written and her conflict about the two sides of herself is incredibly prominent.

I really enjoyed seeing the struggle that she went through trying to be someone who she wasn’t, but wanted to be. Kade built such a strong world and her characters touched me as I read. Zane was another favorite of mine. His backstory was so well thought out and the more we learned about him the more I just wanted to hug him.

Zane and Ariane just made sense to me and I cannot tell you how emotional I got at the end of this story. I swear there were tears. I read this book super quick and was never once bored with anything happening. The plot was amazing and the twist, or rather twists at the end were epic. I didn’t see one of them coming until the last second and it absolutely broke my heart!

And then of course once my heart was broke there was this amazing scene between Ariane and her Father that totally made me get all teary eyed and emotional. There were so many hardcore villainous characters in this story too, and the great things about them is they were truly evil, no redeeming qualities whatsoever and I enjoyed that about Kade’s writing. When she set out to do something, she did it all the way.

I also loved seeing Ariane experience human things being a hybrid (totally awesome by the way and reminds me of Roswell which only increases my love for this book) and having to always hide in plain sight hasn’t givenher much of a life. But when Zane gets involved in things, well there’s just so much there left to be explored and showing how people can sacrifice for each other no matter what they are it’s just so beautiful.


I cannot wait until the next book in this series. I would absolutely recommend this to my readers. So, so good!



♥ ♥ ♥


Author Bio:

As an award-winning corporate copywriter, Stacey Kade has written about everything from backhoe loaders to breast pumps. But she prefers to make things up instead.

She lives in the Chicago suburbs with her husband, Greg, and three retired racing greyhounds, Joezooka (Joe), Tall Walker (Walker) and SheWearsThePants (Pansy). When she’s not reading or writing, you’ll likely find her parked in front of the television with her Roswell DVDs, staring rapturously at Jason Behr.




1 comment:

  1. I've been wanting to read Stacey's other book series, The Ghost and the Goth, but after reading this review, I think I might pick this one up first. This book definitely doesn't seem like one that would get you emotional. Anyways, great review!

    Holly @ Absorbing the Content

    ReplyDelete

We always love to hear from readers so share your thoughts with us!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...