April 9, 2014

Review: A Gate of Night (A Shade of Vampire #6)

A Gate of Night (A Shade of Vampire #6) by Bella Forrest
Age Group: Young Adult
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Release Date: March 7, 2014
Buy Links:

Amazon

Book Description:


Welcome back to The Shade...

Derek and Sofia are finally enjoying a well-deserved break. 

Staying at a resort with good food, sun and sea, Sofia is thrilled to witness Derek’s re-introduction to the human world.

They would almost be mistaken for a normal young couple, if it were not for the red-eyed monster lurking in the shadows and watching their every move, waiting for his signal to pounce…




♥ ♥ ♥

I’ve got so many feelings right now that it’s incredibly hard to process everything that I just read, in practically one sitting no less, I’m overwhelmed and jeez…this book doesn’t play around.

A Gate of Night by Bella Forrest is the sixth book in the Shade series and if you thought Forrest was running out of ways to surprise her readers you’d be incredibly wrong. There were so many parts of this book that had my jaw dropping. As always the plot was strong and well-written. There are dozens of things I liked about this book, but there were also some things that I didn’t really love.

I think Forrest is an incredibly talented writer and her ability to create a picture and paint a world and characters is phenomenal. We saw a lot of old face in the newest book and a ton of new ones as well. I really enjoyed seeing Derek and Sofia being adorable in the beginning of the book. Derek has a tan guys! He’s human and learning human things and I just want to cuddle the hell out of him!

But the price of Sofia and Derek being happy is things falling apart at the Shade. Okay, so technically it’s not their fault per se, but leaving the hunter semi-in charge of things with Vivienne, not cool especially with everything they’re doing at the Shade.

The story is fast paced, energetic, and definitely on a different level than the previous books in the series and yet there were definitely some things that I didn’t love about this book. I’m not a fan of the elders, or the Ageless or Aaron…can you sense a pattern? Haha.


Also the cliffhanger at the end nearly killed me. Now there is one thing I wasn’t feeling, but if I told you what it was, it would ruin so much for you guys so I’m going to keep my mouth shut. All-in-all the story itself was great. The characters and plot were as always well-developed and interesting. I love Bella’s writing and even though this wasn’t my favorite book in the series it was still really good. I’d definitely recommend checking it out!



♥ ♥ ♥
Author Bio:

I've been telling stories pretty much since I could talk. Instead of having my parents read me bed-time stories, I would prefer to share with them my own made up tales.

As I grew older, I developed a passion for the fantasy genre. I'm an incurable Potterhead.

My debut novel, A Shade of Vampire, was released on December 14, 2012. The book became a Number 1 Christmas Bestseller in Vampire Romance, Paranormal and Fantasy on Amazon.





No comments:

Post a Comment

We always love to hear from readers so share your thoughts with us!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...