May 29, 2014

Review: On The Rocks (Mixology #2)

On The Rocks (Mixology #2) by Alyssa Rose Ivy
Age Group: New Adult
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Release Date: May 29, 2014
Buy Links:

Amazon

Book Description:

Love is best served on the rocks.

My roommates look really good naked. At least one of them does. I’m sure the other one does too, but I haven’t seen him without his pants on. 

Living with two guys wasn't something I’d ever considered, but the opportunity fell in my lap, and I’d have been crazy to turn it down.

College went by in a great big blur leaving me with less of a direction than I had going in. Add in a family that wanted nothing to do with me, and my post-college plans were less than clear. What’s a girl to do when she has nowhere else to turn? 

She moves to the Outer Banks and learns to bartend. After all, it was my horrible bartending skills that led me to my roommate’s bed and into his heart.

♥ ♥ ♥


I loved this book!


When I realized that On The Rocks was about Carly and Macon, I did a happy jig while fist pumping and yelling awesome sauce (don’t judge). Book two in the Mixology series picks up with Colin and Maddy already back from France and Carly, Collin’s baby sister who was introduced in book one, coming to town to crash with her big bro for the summer after graduating college.

Carly has lost her way and with more than half her family not talking to her because of the supposed affair with her sister’s husband, that never happened, she’s looking for somewhere to lie low as she tried to figure out what her next step is.

I know I’ve already said this, but I absolutely adored this book. Macon and Carly are so well written. They were two of my favorites from book one and I was so pleasantly surprised to learn more about them in On The Rocks. There were so many funny moments in this book along with a lot of really sweet ones. I loved the development between Carly and Macon and how they sort of test out the friendship waters, but at the same time anyone reading the book can see that even from the very first time they bumped into each other there was a spark of something more there.

Alyssa Rose Ivy has a way of writing characters that touch you, characters that are relatable on a very real level and that is definitely what Macon and Carly represent. Macon comes off as this big confident player. He’s got a smirk that can melt you, a sense of humor that can make you laugh, and a confidence rivalled by no other. But the thing is everyone has these outer shells. These people they pretend to be or project so that no one can see the real them and all the insecurities they have. And personally I think that’s the perfect description of Macon. He’s like an onion, you’ve got to peel back all the layers and what you’re left with, well it’s something soft and great and I just want to hold him…okay maybe I want him to hold me haha.

And Carly, she’s so unsure of herself. She grew up in a family where she always felt like a failure, where her sister was always the perfect one and she was what was left behind. And it’s something that she’s carried with her and still does in this story. There are so many inner demons in all of them, but seeing them overcome those kinds of obstacles with each other’s help, it’s just really beautiful.

It’s one of the many reason’s I love the plot to this story. Plus we also get to see a lot of people from the first book like Max and Brody, who I also love and get this, I even liked Colin more in this book! He didn’t seem as uptight and I liked that he was really protective of Carly, but he also knew where to draw the line.


God, I could seriously write about this book all day, but then I’ll wind up giving away all the good parts and twists, so I’m totally going to shut up now and tell you, you should absolutely read this book. One The Rocks is awesome and it’s definitely bumped it’s way on my ‘List of books by Alyssa Rose Ivy That I Love’. I’d definitely recommend this one. Plus it feels like such a light summer read, I literally finished it in a day. So, so good!



♥ ♥ ♥


Author Bio:

Alyssa Rose Ivy is a New Adult and Young Adult author who loves to weave stories with romance and a southern setting. Although raised in the New York area, she fell in love with the South after moving to New Orleans for college. After years as a perpetual student, she turned back to her creative side and decided to write. She lives in North Carolina with her husband and two young children, and she can usually be found with a cup of coffee in her hand.








No comments:

Post a Comment

We always love to hear from readers so share your thoughts with us!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...