July 20, 2014

Review: The Hazards of Sex on the Beach (Hazards #3)

The Hazards of Sex on the Beach (Hazards #3) by Alyssa Rose Ivy
Age Group: Adult
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Release Date: July 21, 2014
Buy Links:

Amazon

Book Description:

One broken heart, one drink too many, one steamy night in the sand...

No one warns you about the dangers of drinking with a broken heart. At least no one warned me. 

I never imagined I'd fall for a musician, especially not one like Chase, but then again I never expected to have my heart broken into a million pieces by the frat guy I thought was the love of my life.

Sometimes it's the rash decisions, like hooking up in the sand, that lead you to the best places—the kinds of places where it's possible to let yourself fall in love again.


♥ ♥ ♥


I know I say this all the time, but I absolutely love Alyssa Rose Ivy’s novels. One of my favorite series by Ivy is the Hazards series and The Hazards of Sex on the Beach was another amazing edition to it! Hazards of Sex on the Beach follows Cara as she deals with the fallout from her relationship with Aaron and works on getting back on track and moving on.

One thing I always love about Ivy’s novels are that they take place in the same universe and we get to see characters from previous books even as the focus shifts onto other characters. I loved seeing Juliet, Reed, Mallory, and Colt. It was awesome to see they are all still doing well. As much I as loved both of those couples I have to say I think this book was my favorite! I absolutely loved Chase!


Ivy has a way of creating main characters that are incredibly relatable and accessible to readers and Cara and Chase are no different. I love how the story starts out with the two of them bantering back and forth at a party. Banter is my bread and butter; I can’t get enough of it. In my opinion you cannot be an epic couple if there’s no bantering!

I also really loved that Chase wasn’t the typical musician. He wasn’t some player who ran around with every girl in sight just because he could and I think that says a lot about his character. I love how persistent he was with Cara and how open and honest he was. Chase wouldn’t let her sabotage the relationship even when they hit some bumps.

And I adore how close Cara is with Juliet and Mallory. Those girls, I will love them forever. They always have each other’s backs and the way they took care of the Aaron situation, oh my god so much love for that.


I also really enjoyed Kyle and I hope we get a book about him! I’d definitely recommend this book. It’s a quick read and it’s super fun and full of romance and friendship. 



♥ ♥ ♥


Author Bio:

Alyssa Rose Ivy is a New Adult and Young Adult author who loves to weave stories with romance and a southern setting. Although raised in the New York area, she fell in love with the South after moving to New Orleans for college. After years as a perpetual student, she turned back to her creative side and decided to write. She lives in North Carolina with her husband and two young children, and she can usually be found with a cup of coffee in her hand.






No comments:

Post a Comment

We always love to hear from readers so share your thoughts with us!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...