November 11, 2014

Promotional Event: Waiting on Justin

Waiting on Justin by Lucy H. Delaney
Age Group: New Adult
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Release Date: October 31, 2014
Buy Links:

Amazon

Book Description:

Can everlasting love grow amidst never-ending despair? Best friends Justin and Haylee learn early on that the answer is yes. Their parents would rather spend time drinking and partying than raising children, so the two rely on each other for the care and emotional support they need. Over time, Justin and Haylee become lovers despite the age difference between them.

Theirs is a forbidden romance that would destroy them both if discovered.

The older of the two, Justin is more than a little rough around the edges. He does everything he can to protect Haylee from as much abuse as possible, but when tragedy strikes there is nothing he can to do keep her from being taken into the foster system.

The system meant to save kids threatens to pull the two of them apart.

Haylee begs Justin to run away with her, but the powers-that-be force him into an inescapable corner. Blaming Justin for the distance that separates them, Haylee shuts out everything and everyone from her past - including Justin. She tries to forget him. She tries to replace him. But he is always there. So is her own addiction. When it finally gets the best of her, she finds herself utterly alone.

She soon discovers what Justin has always known: Their love was worth waiting for.


♥ ♥ ♥



A realistic love story, at least for me, is all about a guy loving a girl and doing anything, or almost anything, for her or to prove his love to her. I like heroes, no, I LOVE heroes. I'm not saying the woman needs to be witless and weak, I'm a strong, independent, capable female and still the thought of a man in charge, rescuing a woman, or doing crazy things for the girl he loves melts me to my core.

Call me anti-feminist, or old fashioned or whatever else you want but I love stories where the guy is head-over-heels for his woman. I kind of like the stories where the player gets played and all of a sudden he's smitten. Sometimes that works but my favorite are the good guys who get their girl in the end.

And by good I don't mean they have to be “good” they can be a bad boy, if their love for their girl is the real kind of love. It fascinates me how guys can love us ladies with all of our moods and quirks and stuff. Let's be honest, women are hard to love and a man who sticks by his woman is, to me, the best kind of guy, like Justin in my book, “Waiting on Justin,” sure he's a troublemaker but he is such a good guy for Haylee, but I'm a sucker for the good, strong, Mr. Darcy's in the world too.



The heroine must have substance, those gushy, wishy-washy women in some stories that just let life happen to them or pine over a guy like their life depends on his love and affection make me want to throw up a little. With that said, I totally have those kinds of feelings all up inside me. I like the stories where the girl is sure of herself but vulnerable, in a believable way, all at the same time. I guess it reassures me that my insecurities are universal, that I'm not the only woman out there that fears they demand too much from their lover or suitor. But it has to be believable. I have to be able to buy into what she's doing, if she says one thing and acts a totally different way, it ruins it for me.

Oh and then there's the chemistry, how could it be a realistic love story if there's not chemistry between them? I want to know that they want each other. I want to feel their attraction and desperation for one another but I cannot stand it when characters to jump into bed right away. I'm a woman I want foreplay, lots of it!

I feel like when the sex is at the front there's so much buildup that's lost. I remember waiting, imagining, and dreaming of the firsts; the buildup is so much of the fun of a new romance. When I read or watch a love story, I want to feel that passion, and, yes, I want to be there for the climax! If it's lovers in a long time relationship, I want to know that the fire and passion is still there and there is something wonderful and wistful about a good, long-time romance between a couple.

So, I guess what a realistic love story comes down to for me, is a guy who's willing to do anything for his girl, a girl who knows who she is and what a treasure a good guy is and a matching of chemistry and wits, and build up and a happy ending, although I'm a sucker for the sad ones too.

♥ ♥ ♥


Author Bio:

Lucy H. Delaney lives with her blended family in the Pacific Northwest town of Leavenworth, Washington, nestled at the feet of the Cascade Mountains. When not tucked away in her writing room making up stories or standing in her cubicle in one of the offices of corporate America, Lucy spends her time with family and friends.

Along with her husband and four children, Lucy loves to be in nature: She can often be found on her homemade backyard swing, curled up with a good book, hiking the surrounding mountains or running country roads and game trails. A fitness enthusiast who regularly practices crossfit, yoga, and distance running, Lucy also volunteers for the Chelan-Douglas CASA organization and her church's AWANA program to help keep kids safe and smiling.




1 comment:

We always love to hear from readers so share your thoughts with us!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...