November 3, 2014

Review: Nocte (The Nocte Trilogy #1)


Nocte (The Nocte Trilogy #1) by Courtney Cole
Age Group: New Adult
Genre: Dark Romance
Release Date: November 3, 2014
Buy Links:

AmazonB & N

Book Description:

Save me and I'll save you...

My name is Calla Price. I’m eighteen years old, and I’m one half of a whole. My other half-- my twin brother, my Finn-- is crazy.

I love him. More than life, more than anything. And even though I’m terrified he’ll suck me down with him, no one can save him but me.

I’m doing all I can to stay afloat in a sea of insanity, but I’m drowning more and more each day. So I reach out for a lifeline.

Dare DuBray.

He’s my savior and my anti-Christ. His arms are where I feel safe, where I’m afraid, where I belong, where I’m lost. He will heal me, break me, love me and hate me.

He has the power to destroy me.

Maybe that’s ok. Because I can’t seem to save Finn and love Dare without everyone getting hurt.

Why? Because of a secret.

A secret I’m so busy trying to figure out, that I never see it coming.

You won’t either.

♥ ♥ ♥


"There is nothing quite so terrifying as the dissension of the human mind into insanity." - Calla Price.


 I don’t think I’ve ever read something this amazing before. I have read a ton of books but Nocte by Courtney Cole blew my mind. Nocte follows 18-year-old Calla Price as she does the unthinkable and attempts to deal with not only her mother’s death, but a mentally unwell brother all the while living in a secluded funeral home near the water.

I cannot begin to express my severe love for this book. I’ve never read anything by Courtney Cole before Nocte because none of her previous works drew me in, but the second I read the description for this book I knew I had to read it and good god it didn’t disappoint.


 Nocte is incredibly well written, both the attention to details in the story, the setting drew me in to the point where I literally couldn’t put it down and I think I had a mini heart attack when the Kindle got down to 10 percent battery. I love Dare, like I loved him in the beginning of the story with his mystery and slightly sarcastic nature. But by the time I got to the end of the story…he’s literally my favorite person in the world.


Everything he’s done…all the stuff he’s dealt with and just oh god. This story definitely keeps you are your toes. And Finn…I don’t even know what to say about Finn other than living in his mind well it was a bit terrifying and yet so realistic to what something like that might actually be like.

And Calla, god I loved Calla. Cole did should a good job bringing her to life and making me feel what she felt. I can’t tell you how many times I teared up while reading or chuckled at the sassy banter between her and Dare.

I’ve got to say when I was about 40 percent done with the book I figured something out and I’m reading going oh man I get it I know what happened and then BAM…twist and I’m like holy freaking hell…I did not see that coming but I should have and it all makes sense and oh my god…I just can’t. Blew. My. Mind. 



I love this book to death, it might be the best one I’ve read in a while and it’s quite possible I’ll go out of my mind waiting for the sequel, especially since it ended on a cliffhanger!


I need it like I need air. If you haven’t read this book, I’m not quite sure what you’re waiting for. Do it now. You won’t regret it…and then you can sob with me a fangirl. I highly, highly recommend it!



♥ ♥ ♥


Author Bio:

Courtney Cole is a novelist who would eat mythology for breakfast if she could. She has a degree in Business, but has since discovered that corporate America is not nearly as fun to live in as fictional worlds.

She loves chocolate and roller coasters and hates waiting and rude people.

Courtney lives in quiet suburbia, close to Lake Michigan, with her real-life Prince Charming, her ornery kids (there is a small chance that they get their orneriness from their mother) and a small domestic zoo.








No comments:

Post a Comment

We always love to hear from readers so share your thoughts with us!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...