February 22, 2015

Review: Lure (The Allure Chronicles #1)

Lure (The Allure Chronicles #1) by Alyssa Rose Ivy
Age Group: New Adult
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Release Date: February 16, 2015
Buy Links:

Amazon

Book Description:

There's danger in the beauty...

Two years, six months, and twenty-five days. That's how long it had been since I'd seen my winged hero— not that I'd been counting. 

I'd suffered through years of counseling just to convince my friends and family that I wasn't crazy and knew he didn't exist.

But he did. And I was done waiting.

Days after college graduation I headed back down to New Orleans to retrace my steps and find Owen again only to find my life was about to get even crazier...thanks to the most beautiful and dangerous of all paranormal creatures, the Allures.


♥ ♥ ♥


“Inevitably those thoughts always went to Daisy, the girl I knew I could never have, but who had trusted me so much.” – Owen ‘Allure

The Allure Chronicles are fast becoming one of my favorite series by Alyssa Rose Ivy. Allure picks up a little over two years after Seductions Kiss and starts off with Daisy planning a trip back to New Orleans. I did mention how much I love that the French Quarter is involved with this series right? Because it’s awesome. Ivy always creates such a well-developed setting. It truly sucks you in.

We got to meet quite a few new people in this book, but I think one of my favorite parts, and I say one because I had many favorite parts, was getting to know more about Owen. He was a lot more fleshed out in this book and we got to meet people involved in his life and see more of what was going on with him. One of the things that’s always great about Ivy’s writing is we get to see things from two perspectives, which allows us to see things from both character’s eyes.


I really like the bit of information we got about The Allures and what they are, where they come from and just exactly what is happening to Daisy. Also, oh my god! The ending…I can’t even I didn’t expect that at all. But I’m skipping over stuff, before the end even happens we have Daisy and Owen’s reunion which, well was just as awesome as I’d hoped.

I’m not entirely sure how I feel about the Allures yet, but I do like Violet. I mean she bugs me too a little, but I also feel like part of her really wants to help Daisy. This entire book was made of so much win. I don’t want to give too much away because with Alyssa’s books you should always, absolutely, one hundred percent read them.


I recommend Allure to anyone who loves paranormal romance and not the ordinary kind either. This book definitely has quite a few twists.



♥ ♥ ♥


Author Bio:

Alyssa Rose Ivy is a New Adult and Young Adult author who loves to weave stories with romance and a southern setting.

Although raised in the New York area, she fell in love with the South after moving to New Orleans for college. After years as a perpetual student, she turned back to her creative side and decided to write.

She lives in North Carolina with her husband and two young children, and she can usually be found with a cup of coffee in her hand.








1 comment:

  1. I LOVE everything this author writes! I read the prequel Seduction's Kiss and loved it! The whole Pteron world is fascinating and I'm looking forward to learning about Owen! Thanks for posting this great review!

    ReplyDelete

We always love to hear from readers so share your thoughts with us!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...