April 10, 2015

Review: Day 21 (The Hundred #2)

Day 21 (The Hundred #2) by Kass Morgan
Age Group: Young Adult
Genre: Dystopia, Science Fiction
Release Date: September 16, 2014
Buy Links:

Amazon

Book Description:

No one has set foot on Earth in centuries -- until now.

It's been 21 days since the hundred landed on Earth. They're the only humans to set foot on the planet in centuries...or so they thought. Facing an unknown enemy, Wells attempts to keep the group together. 

Clarke strikes out for Mount Weather, in search of other Colonists, while Bellamy is determined to rescue his sister, no matter the cost. And back on the ship, Glass faces an unthinkable choice between the love of her life and life itself.

In this pulse-pounding sequel to Kass Morgan's The 100, secrets are revealed, beliefs are challenged, and relationships are tested. And the hundred will struggle to survive the only way they can -- together.

♥ ♥ ♥


I’m speechless.

I am absolutely loving The 100 series by Kass Morgan. Day 21 was the perfect follow up to book one. I loved learning more about the earthbounds. Sasha has me smitten. I find her to be refreshing and playful and I absolutely love the side of Wells that she brings out.

But before I get all “ship” happy, which by the way I totally am with this book, there are so many plot filled things to mention. Day 21 was super-sized on the plot. We learn so much about the characters in this book that my head is spinning.

I kind of wish I wasn’t currently at work so I could start book three because oh my god, drama! I wasn’t Wells’ biggest fan in book one. But I liked him a lot more in this story. I also liked learning more about what things were like for him on the Colony and how his past is tangled with the other characters.


I don’t think I need to say that Bellamy is by far my favorite character, but I will anyway. I love learning more about him and more about the person he was and how that’s affected the way he is now.

One thing I really enjoy about Morgan’s books are while they always leave me on the edge of my seat and wanting more they also wrap up enough of each storyline between characters and the universe within the books to seamlessly transition into new portions of the plotlines. I’m an avid fan of the TV show The 100 as well and they’re also good at doing that within the confines of storytelling. It’s awesome!


That being said I don’t want to give huge plot points away or anything, but holy cow. There are like several hug twists and bombs that are dropped in Day 21 and I can’t wait to see how everything turns out in Homecoming. If you’re looking for a fast paced, page turner, The 100 series is definitely the series for you!



♥ ♥ ♥


Author Bio:

Kass Morgan studied literature at Brown and Oxford, and now resides in Brooklyn, where she lives in constant fear of her Ikea bookcase collapsing and burying her under a mound of science fiction and Victorian novels.

Kass is currently working on the sequel to The 100, which she’ll finish as soon as she finds a coffee shop that allows laptops on the weekend.





No comments:

Post a Comment

We always love to hear from readers so share your thoughts with us!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...