April 18, 2015

Review: Homecoming (The Hundred #3)

Homecoming (The Hundred #3) by Kass Morgan
Age Group: Young Adult
Genre: Dystopia, Science Fiction
Release Date: February 24, 2015
Buy Links:

Amazon

Book Description:

Weeks after landing on Earth, the Hundred have managed to create a sense of order amidst their wild, chaotic surroundings. But their delicate balance comes crashing down with the arrival of new dropships from space.

These new arrivals are the lucky ones - back on the Colony, the oxygen is almost gone - but after making it safely to Earth, GLASS's luck seems to be running out. CLARKE leads a rescue party to the crash site, ready to treat the wounded, but she can't stop thinking about her parents who may still be alive. 

Meanwhile, WELLS struggles to maintain his authority despite the presence of the Vice Chancellor and his armed guards, and BELLAMY must decide whether to face or flee the crimes he thought he'd left behind.

It's time for the Hundred to come together and fight for the freedom they've found on Earth, or risk losing everything - and everyone - they love.

♥ ♥ ♥


I'm gross sobbing right now excuse me while I wipe my keyboard off.

Homecoming, the third book in The 100 series by Kass Morgan was perfection. To be honest I'm not entirely sure how to describe it any other way. Morgan outdid herself with this one. Homecoming, like the two books before it was impossible to put down. The pacing was fast, brutal and extremely well put together. From the second the rest of the colony hit the ground drama was afoot and my favorite character were smack dead in the middle of it.



I really loved getting to see the dynamic between the 100 and the colony soldiers and how quickly everything changed on the ground. Wells really came into his own in this book. By the end of Homecoming I really grew to love him. Bellamy o course continues to be my favorite and I can't tell you how many times my heart nearly burst out of my chest with all the trouble and craziness that surrounded him.

Being able to see more of the earthbounds and what good people they are was so touching. This book made me so emotional! Real tears people, ugly sobbing to the point where I had to stop reading for a few minute to let my eyes clear. I don't want to give away too much, but I will say I was incredibly satisfied by the culmination and ending point of this book and the whole series really. Though, there is some laughter and really intense action, there is also some super sad points so I'd grab a few tissues when reading.

Anyone looking for a fast-paced intense summer read should check out The 100 series if you haven't already!

♥ ♥ ♥


Author Bio:

Kass Morgan studied literature at Brown and Oxford, and now resides in Brooklyn, where she lives in constant fear of her Ikea bookcase collapsing and burying her under a mound of science fiction and Victorian novels.

Kass is currently working on the sequel to The 100, which she’ll finish as soon as she finds a coffee shop that allows laptops on the weekend.







1 comment:

  1. I watch this show and LOVE it!!! I'm not to sure how close they compare, but I'm glad to hear the books are awesome!!! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

We always love to hear from readers so share your thoughts with us!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...