Defy (Malice #3) by Amity Hope
Age Group: Young Adult
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Release Date: May 29, 2015
Amazon ♥ B & N
Tristan and Samara have been best friends since they were kids. Somewhere along the way that friendship turned into something deeper.
Sam knew Tristan better than anyone…but as it turned out, she didn’t know him as well as she thought she did. Now that Tristan’s secrets are out—and he’s embraced his magic—there should be nothing standing in their way.
But in the small town of Granite Falls, where magic abounds, life is never simple.
The Council is out for revenge.
So is Tristan’s father.
Sam, Tristan, and their friends just might get swept away in an age-old magical battle. A battle where the “good guys” might not be so good.
Ten things you didn’t know about the author
1) We have a pet crayfish. His name is Dezmo. He was adopted from my son’s 4th grade science class.
2) When I was in middle school I used to sneak Stephen King books out of the public library (my mom would not have approved!). I would read them on the top bunk of my bunk bed, under the covers, with a flashlight so I wouldn’t wake my little sister. I used to scare myself senseless. I don’t read Stephen King anymore. I’ve turned into a wimp.
3) I adore Jensen Ackles from Supernatural. Because how could you not?
4) I am not a crier. I hate crying. The first book that ever made me cry was Where the Red Fern Grows (in 5th grade). The only other book that has made me cry was Shadow Kiss by Richelle Mead. I blame that on the fact that I stayed up until 5AM to finish it. I was emotional and overly tired. (Actually, it was really just that good).
5) I love Dimitri Belikov. He’s my favorite book boyfriend. Hence the tears at the end of Shadow Kiss.
6) I don’t know a thing about cars but I’m fascinated by old cars. I love going to classic car shows. I dream of having a garage full of old, restored cars. Especially a pink and white ’57 Bel Air.
7) I’m a very questionable cook (just ask my poor children). However, I really love to bake. Especially bread. I don’t buy bread from the store anymore.
8) On the rare occasion that I have the house to myself for the weekend there’s a good chance I’ll end up watching Netflix. I love old episodes of Charmed, Supernatural, Vampire Diaries… (You get the picture).
9) I’ve had maybe half a dozen cats throughout my life. Every one of them has been a “rescued” cat. I currently have two—Princess Jellybean (a Siamese mix) and Sasha (a Maine Coon mix). We adopted them three years ago. My boys each picked out one and named them.
10) I love the Pretty Little Liars them song. It’s so catchy and yet so creepy. It goes through my head all the time. Mostly when I’m trying to concentrate on something else.
Amity lives in beautiful northern Minnesota with her two sons, two cats and their Rottweiler.
She has a degree in elementary education and worked in that field for ten years before deciding to self-publish.
Her first self-published novel, Twisted, was listed by Amazon as a Top 100 Kids & Teens Kindle Book of 2012. It hit Amazon's Teen & Young Adult Contemporary Romance Best Sellers List in several countries. Truths and Dares held the #1 position on Amazon's Best Sellers in Teen & Young Adult Contemporary Romance eBooks in the UK.
If she's not writing, or spending time with her boys, she's most likely reading.