February 20, 2016

Review: Peaches and Scream (Georgia Peach Mystery #1)

Peaches and Scream (Georgia Peach Mystery #1) by Susan Furlong
Age Group: Adult
Genre: Mystery
Release Date: July 7, 2015
Buy Links:

Amazon

Book Description:

In the first Georgia Peach Mystery, when murder threatens her family’s orchard, Nola Harper is ready to pick out the killer and preserve the farm’s reputation…

To help run the family peach farm during her parents’ absence, Nola Harper returns to her childhood home of Cays Mill, Georgia, and soon discovers that things back at the farm aren’t exactly peachy. A poor harvest and rising costs are threatening to ruin the Harpers’ livelihood, and small-town gossip is spreading like blight thanks to Nola’s juicy reputation as a wild teenager way back when. But Nola really finds herself in the pits when she stumbles upon a local businessman murdered among the peach trees.

With suspicions and family tensions heating up faster than a cobbler in the oven, this sweet Georgia peach will have to prune through a list of murder suspects—before she too becomes ripe for the killer’s picking…

♥ ♥ ♥


I love it when I find a new series that delivers from the first page to the last.

This book gave me everything I want in a good book – strong characters, a small town that calls to me, and a mystery that keeps me guessing.

I will say that during the majority of this story, I did not exactly find Ida and Hollis likable, but near the end of the story I found myself forgiving their behavior.

The rest of the characters were a delight. I enjoyed spending time with them and couldn’t wait to get back to them every time I had a few minutes to read.

The Georgia Belle Fact at the beginning of each chapter adds a nice touch to the feel of the story.

Peaches and Scream is a great start to the Georgia Peach mysteries. I highly recommend anyone who loves cozy mysteries give this a try. I don’t think you will be disappointed.



♥ ♥ ♥


Author Bio:

During her writing career, Susan has worked as an academic writer, freelance writer and novelist.

Currently she's busy working on The Georgia Peach Mysteries. (Berkley Prime Crime/July 2015)

She also writes under the pen name Lucy Arlington. To learn more about her writing, visit her website











1 comment:

  1. I loved this mystery! I highly recommend it to those who enjoy starting a great new cozy series.

    ReplyDelete

We always love to hear from readers so share your thoughts with us!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...