February 11, 2016

Top Ten Thursday #10



This is adapted from Top Ten Tuesday, an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.


Random Lists Are Random or 
What I do When I Can’t Sleep at Night


1. I ask Twitter why I’m awake. Unfortunately it doesn’t usually answer back.

2. I make random stretching noises and then laugh because I’m overly tired. This usually ends with my dog barking. He doesn’t approve of the noise making late at night.

3. I wake up my dog. Maybe it’s mean, but come on he sleeps all damn day long. I’m bored I need entertainment. He wasn’t the world’s greatest Christmas present ever so he can lie on his ass and sleep when I need to be entertained.

4. Google myself. No, that is not a euphemism for masturbation even though it totally sounds like one. I actually do sit here and Google myself. I’m frightened by what I find.

5. I watch How I Met Your Mother. Barney is my hero. Or maybe Neil Patrick Harris is my hero, I haven’t decided. It’s possible they both are who cares?

6. I instant message random people. This usually happens when all the people I talk to have gone to bed and I’m so bored I can’t possibly manage without some kind of interaction with other people. Have I mentioned my excessive need for attention? I’m an attention whore. There, I mentioned it now.

7. I make coffee. Stop judging me! It isn’t my fault the Keurig is addictive! Tiny cups of flavored coffee…They are so pretty and making them is so easy. You just pop it in, like a pill. Not that I pop those, it was just a comparison. Moving on…

8. I play on the Kindle. Sometimes I read, but mostly I play Cut the Rope and Stupid Zombies. Haven’t checked out those games? It’s probably for the best. They’re part of the reason I don’t sleep. I have to shoot the zombies and if you are crazy like me once you start you can’t stop in the middle of a level you need to play until you get to the end. Terrible.

9. I play on the Acer Tablet. Noticing a pattern? I think I have too many electronic toys. It’s bad. But the tablet has the Ant Smasher. I fucking love that game. I smash away at ants all the while grinning like an idiot. I get pleasure out of smooshing them because I’m a terrible person. Though I feel better thinking that in some alternate reality there’s an ant sitting in his bed playing Human Smasher, so it’s all good.

10. I write stupid lists about all the things I do when I can’t sleep. Note the list you are currently reading right now. I am now leaving you to go do number eight on this list…and then probably number one again.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We always love to hear from readers so share your thoughts with us!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...