May 30, 2016

Review: The Angel Killer (The Watcher Saga #2)

The Angel Killer (The Watcher Saga #2) by Lisa Voisin
Age Group: Young Adult
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Release Date: January 5th, 2015
Buy Links:

AmazonB & N

Book Description:

Now that she’s found him again, all Mia Crawford wants is some downtime with her fallen angel boyfriend, Michael. But the call of duty keeps him away—from school and from her—with more demons to smite than ever.

When Michael is mortally wounded by a cursed sword, Mia must perform an ancient blood ritual to save him. But the spell exacts a price. 

Haunted by visions of war, torture, and despair, Mia discovers the world is in more danger than she ever imagined. Behind the scenes, an evil adversary pulls all the strings.

After redemption, there’s Hell to pay.

♥ ♥ ♥


*Loud squeeing noises*

It has been entirely too long since I let myself get whisked away into this series. I had forgotten just how strong my love for Mia Crawford was until I immersed myself into the second series of this book. And good god it did not disappoint. Just went you think things might settle down for Michael and Mia (not that we ever really thought it would settle into blissful happiness, but we can dream) all hell literally breaks loose.

While I absolutely love the relationship between Michael and Mia I think what I loved even more about The Angel Killer is how much Mia grew in this book. There was so much character development and guys, I’m a sucker for good character development. Give me some romance anytime, but believable, rational, well-written character development is so rare and Voisin hits the nail on the head with it in this book.


Mia really grows into her own and her strength is showcased in so many different aspects in this books. I love it. I love that she can see all sides of things and can understand which is the selfish choice and which is the right…kind of. But you get what I mean. She really learns that she can count of people here, but most importantly that she can fight her own battles both physically and mentally.

I also really enjoyed learning more about Michael and his backstory. When characters are fleshed out well it makes me care about them even more and that is what Voisin does like a pro. She makes me take this journey with the characters and I get so involved with the book that it’s like I’m living it too!

Mia panics, I panic, Mia gets upset, I get upset. And don’t get me started of how many almost heart attacks this book gave me with all of its twists and turns and then that ending!!! What the heck??? Thank god I have book three sitting on the Kindle right now or I’m pretty sure I’d be going crazy and stalking poor Lisa for a new book.


I seriously love this story and I need to stop writing now so I can continue reading the next part because this cliffhanger is giving me all kinds of heart palpitations. If fast paced, well written stories about angels, a love worth fighting for and angst is your thing then I highly recommend this series. 

Like, go read the book…nowish. You won’t regret it!



♥ ♥ ♥


Author Bio:

After studying English literature at the University of Toronto and creative writing at Simon Fraser University, Lisa Voisin had the great fortune of being mentored by Nancy Richler and A.M. Dellamonica through Betsy Warland's Vancouver Manuscript Intensive solo program. She is also a teacher of meditation with the Training in Power Academy

A member of the SCBWI (Society for Children's Book Writers and Illustrators), she can usually be found writing at a local cafe in her home town of Vancouver, B.C.

A self-proclaimed coffee lover, when Lisa's not writing, you'll find her meditating in the mountains to counteract the side effects of drinking too much caffeine!



No comments:

Post a Comment

We always love to hear from readers so share your thoughts with us!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...