December 11, 2023

Virch

Virch By Laura Resau
Published by: Owl Hollow Press
Publication date: January 1, 2024
Genres: Science Fiction, Young Adult
Summary:

In a time when a single billionaire wields nearly all of the power, virtual reality is the distraction, the fashion, and the entertainment of the hour.

When 16-year-old Liv from one of the poorest sectors in the nation manages to get into a prestigious internship program run by the world’s most powerful man, she finds his black sheep son is not the person she’s seen portrayed in the virtual world—he’s got heart and interest in righting the inequities of the world, and he might just capture HER heart, too.

Together, they begin to uncover the dirty and dangerous scheme at the heart of the Virch Empire, and their world begins to unravel.












Author Bio:

I'm the author of the young adult novels The Queen of Water (with Maria Virginia Farinango), Red Glass, What the Moon Saw, The Indigo Notebook, The Ruby Notebook , The Jade Notebook, and the middle-grade novels Star in the Forest, The Lightning Queen, and Tree of Dreams. My picture book collaboration with Patricia Gualinga, Stand as Tall as the Trees: How an Amazonian Community Protected the Rain Forest, was released in Summer, 2023. My YA sci-fi novel, Virch, will be released in Spring 2024. I grew up in Maryland, then moved around for ten years (as student, ESL teacher, and anthropologist), making my home in New Orleans; Aix-en-Provence, France; Oaxaca, Mexico; Tucson; and now, Fort Collins, Colorado, where I'm staying put for a while. I live here happily with my husband and son and beagle and husky. Most days, you'll find me drinking tea and writing novels in a little silver trailer in my driveway. I love camping in the mountains, and I travel whenever I find an excuse.

Website / Goodreads / Facebook / Instagram



No comments:

Post a Comment

We always love to hear from readers so share your thoughts with us!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...