February 18, 2024

A Not So Bollywood Meet Cute

A Not So Bollywood Meet Cute By Miya Malai
Publication date: January 6, 2024
Buy Link: Amazon
Genres: Adult, Contemporary, Romance
Summary:

Katrina Shah just wants out of the fame game, away from her high-profile family’s drama. But dodging the spotlight? Tough luck. 

Especially when she collides with Hollywood’s golden boy, Evan Kristof. Her heart doesn’t seem to have received the memo to steer clear of him.

Evan’s used to the spotlight, the parties, the glitz. Yet, he’s craving a break, some peace. Then he meets Katrina, and suddenly, tranquility’s the last thing on his mind.

As they both try to escape their pasts, sparks fly between the girl who wants anonymity and the movie star. 

But can they navigate crazy families, an over-the-top wedding, and their undeniable chemistry without getting burned? 

Their fling might just turn into something much bigger than they bargained for.






EXCERPT:

And now Evan is standing there, his soft gaze burning me, as he takes in everything, my jewelry, my low-cut top, my pierced belly button. He steps closer and I turn around, ready to run again. I hear a small gasp escape from him, as he sees the back of my dress, or lack of.

And as I take a step forward, a smug smile on my face, I feel a tug on my dupatta. I turn around and he is gripping it with a playful smile. Right now, at this very moment, I feel like it’s just me and him alone in this hall of hundreds of people. I bite my lower lip, begin playing with my necklace, and slide my hand to my cleavage slightly.

When he’s completely distracted, staring at my boobs with his mouth slightly open, I pull my dupatta out of his now-loosened grip. As I’m walking at a fast pace, I glance around at the crowd and everyone is so busy enjoying the night, no one notices us.


That gives me the confidence to go behind a column, into a secluded corner, where the curtains separate us from the other guests. He’s following close behind. And I’m leaning against the wall.

He ducks into the little corner, his hand goes on my bare waist, the other bracing the wall by my head. He kisses my neck, and I close my eyes as my stomach flutters—I feel myself already wet. He’s licking me right below my earring, kissing and biting my neck.

And just as I’m contemplating whether to ruin my lipstick and kiss him, the DJ stops the music and makes an announcement.

“Everyone please take your seats,” he says through the speakers. “The bride and groom are about to enter.” Evan pulls his head back and raises an eyebrow.
“I’ll go first,” I whisper. I make to leave, but he grabs my wrist.

“You look beautiful tonight,” he says, looking into my eyes. “And I thought I’d never fall for a white man in Indian clothes,” I say back . . . I bite my lip and put a hand over his heart. “It’s sexy.”

And cue 3:06 of “Yeh Ladka Hai Allah,” because that’s exactly how he’s looking at me right now. And I’m about to maul him right here and now, but my family is probably waiting for me for Amir and Bianca’s entrance. My eyes linger on him, with a regretful look, and then I sneak out of our little corner.


Author Bio:

Miya Malai was a second-generation confused brown girl with conservative parents, who would have looked at Bridgerton with horror. But little did they know she would sneak Julia Quinn books from the library when she was in high school. She grew up with DDLJ playing at least once a week in her Dadi's bedroom. And she longed for her favorite Bollywood heroine's character to be in a book. After years of scouring through smutty romance novels, she thought she'd combine her two favorites on her own.

Miya wants to empower the voice of brown girls struggling with stigmas in the South Asian community, while also appreciating the culture.

When Miya isn't writing, she's drinking chai or spending time with her husband and three young children on Long Island, NY.

You can find her online as Miya Malai on Twitter, TikTok, and Instagram.

Instagram / Twitter / TikTok



No comments:

Post a Comment

We always love to hear from readers so share your thoughts with us!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...