I totally snagged this recipe from Martha Stewart and just made a few tweeks of my own also photos of my adventure baking this are below the cut!
1 ¾ cups of all purpose flour
2 teaspoons of baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup of packed sweetened shredded coconut
1 ½ sticks of unsalted butter, softened
1 1/3 cups of sugar
2 large eggs plus 2 large egg whites
¾ cup of coconut milk
1 ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 1/3 cups of shredded coconut flakes
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line your cupcake pan with paper liners or butter them. Whisk together your dry ingredients in a large bowl. In a separate bowl cream together the butter and sugar with a mixer until it’s light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition.
2. Reduce speed to low on your mixer and add in the remaining wet ingredients. Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture in three parts and then once the batter is properly mixed divide it into your cupcake pan filling each spot 2/3 full.
Mixture divided into the pan
3. Bake your cupcakes 15-20 minutes and let cool.
2 packages of 8 ounce cream cheese, softened
¼ cup of butter
1 ½ cup of confectioners’ sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
2 cups of shredded coconut
1. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and butter until it’s fluffy. Add in the confectioners’ sugar and vanilla; beat the mixture until smooth and then stir in one cup of coconut flakes.
2. Frost cupcakes sprinkle a bit of coco powder and coconut on top.