February 9, 2012

Pure Hershey’s, Pure Happiness



February Fun Facts







Hello out there world, today is the greatest day ever known to women. Why you ask? Well I’ll tell you. Today way back in the day when cell phones were as large as my forearm or more accurately in 1894, Hershey’s Chocolate was founded.



Yes, the delicious creamy goodness of milk chocolate and candy! World Hershey Day is here! Can you tell that I’m drooling a little right now? But for real, I’m not sure anyone is actually familiar with the story, but it’s pretty interesting, well to me it is and that’s all that matters.

Milton S. Hershey from Pennsylvania (Yes obviously his candy is named after him) is the guy who founded this lovely company that makes some of my favorite chocolates and candies (Mounds, Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, and Jolly Ranchers.) Oddly enough he attempted to get his business going three times before it actually took off and was successful. And get this his company started out as the Lancaster Caramel Company…No chocolate at all.




Milton S. Hershey

Hershey didn’t start learning the art of chocolate making and yes it’s an art no matter what you think, until 1893 when he went to some World Columbian Exposition in Chicago, bought German machinery and starting making chocolate coatings for his caramel candy. Not long after that he came up with this awesome chocolate recipe and started his Hersey’s Chocolate Company. Tada!

I don’t know about you, but seriously I love Hersey’s, obviously who I probably wouldn’t have wasted my time writing about it. So while you’re out and about today doing whatever it is you do during the day you should stop off and buy some Hershey’s chocolate and support 116 years of fantabulous chocolate!

For more information on Milton S. Hershey or the company itself go here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We always love to hear from readers so share your thoughts with us!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...