Selling Scarlett (Love Inc. #1) by Ella James
Age Group: New Adult
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Release Date: April 14, 2013
Amazon ♥ B & N
Elizabeth DeVille doesn't belong at a party like this—one where the gowns cost more than her Camry and cigars run higher than her grad school utility bills. Dragged out of seclusion by her best friend Suri, Elizabeth is merely playing dress-up, rubbing elbows with a crowd that banished her troubled family years ago.
Hunter West is tired. Tired of parties, tired of pretending, and tired of trying to right a wrong that haunts him every day. Bourbon heir and professional poker player by day, by night Hunter is gambling with his life in a high-stakes game of crime and blackmail.
When Elizabeth stumbles into Hunter's den of vices, she's a light in the darkness, a flame in the void. And, just like everything he touches, Hunter mars her in a record time. To rectify the damage done, Elizabeth needs money she doesn't have, and she's come up with a foolproof way to get it.
Follow Elizabeth—code-named Scarlett—to the lush Nevada brothel where she'll auction her virginity and risk the only thing that's not for sale: her heart. The highest bidder is a familiar face, with wicked hands and the devil's mouth. And a secret so dark that it could cost her life.
1. He loves his Napa Valley vineyard more than anything except Elizabeth.
2. He's a licensed SCUBA diving instructor.
3. He likes red wine more than liquor, including bourbon (where his family made his fortune), but he can't drink wine because it would reflect badly on West Bourbon.
4. He hates his hometown, New Orleans, and rarely visits if he can avoid it.
5. He has a half sister he never talks to because of his family's past.
6. He can kill and skin a deer—but hasn't since he was in high school, because killing animals strikes him as inhumane.
7. He doesn't want kids.
8. He sometimes watches the Catholic channel on TV, not because he's Catholic but because he likes the music.
9. He doesn't think he's in any one location enough to own a dog, but he's thought about getting a cat.
10. Since college, he's only had sex with escorts, even though he could get almost any woman he wanted.
I'm a 20-something sci-fi nerd with a journalism degree and a serious York Peppermint Pattie addiction. I spend my days baby-wrangling and dog-chasing and my nights tapping on my laptop and hanging out with my writer/editor husband. A fun day for me involves lots of writing, running, and researching topped off with some quality Kindle time. My life's goal is to find an empty cottage in an enchanted forest, install a solar panel for my laptop, and move in - never to be seen again, except in sweatpants.