September 8, 2013

Author Spotlight: Angel M. Huerta

Alpha Gene by Angel M. Huerta
Age Group: Young Adult
Genre: Science Fiction
Release Date: June 29, 2013
Buy Links:

Amazon

Book Description:

“If you add imagination to the equation, then anything is possible.”

Ever since he was a young boy, he´s been fascinated by the 10 percent theory; that one that speaks about how humans only use an effective 10 percent of the brain´s full capacity. 

Now a successful scientist, Doctor Lucas McKenna, has the time and means to pursue his research on developing a strain that could activate the rest of the brain matter that presumably lies asleep.

But the sudden death of his long time friend and partner, and the fact that he´s accused of his murder, takes him on an unexpected journey into the small town of Temple Ville, where he learns nature´s plan for evolution is already on the way.

A new generation is here, loaded with super talents! Telekinesis, mind reading, invisibility, super strength, healing miracles and much more!

♥ ♥ ♥




Do you recall how your interest in writing originated or did you always just know you wanted to be a writer?

When I was just a kid, about 7 or 8, my dad took me to the movies to see "The Karate Kid" I remember then having the first taste of what storytelling was about. I remember thinking about how awesome it would be to be the one who gets to decide what happens to "Daniel San" the main character. I remember feeling the urge, as if I was bitten by "the writing vampire", to go home and write! I´ve been writing ever since.

What inspired Alpha Gene?

Can you imagine using your brain at a full capacity? Can you imagine the possibilities? That´s really the question that inspired Alpha Gene.

Which came first for you, the characters or the plot?



The characters. I first thought of their names, their talents, and then I just wrote a story around them.

Is there anything you found particularly challenging when you were writing Alpha Gene?

I'm a screenwriter, so changing formats was really hard. Plus, English is not my first language, so, yes, that was challenging ;)

If you could be one of your characters from any of Alpha Gene, who would you chose? Why?

Peter Devlin, although I think in real life I'm more like GG. (not as strong, though).

When writing Alpha Gene, was there anyone or anything specific that inspired the group of kids with the gene?

My son completed his fist puzzle when he was only 2. I was barely crawling at that age. So I guess that´s what inspired me to write about a group of kids with higher brain capacity than the rest. I´m convinced kids nowadays are born with a higher intelligence.

In your opinion what three words best describe Peter, Tommy, GG, Annie and Sophie?

Intelligent, Leader, Caring.

I think Peter might have been my favorite of the group, why did he wind up taking off in the end and not keeping in touch with anyone else?

Because he knows what he´s capable of but needs to fully understand it.  He will be around in the future when a bigger threat arises ;)


Quickies:

Coffee or Tea?

Hot chocolate, Lol!

(You can't go wrong with chocolate!)

Milk chocolate or Dark?

Milk Chocolate

Favorite novel and why?

Definitely, The Princess Bride. I really love the way William Goldman writes, but most important, I really loved the characters. I love creating characters.

(I LOVE The Princess Bride! It's one of my favorites!)

Hard copy books or e-books? Why?

I love the way a book feels in your hands and how it looks in your library. But at the end of the day, I always end up reading e-books because I usually read in bed at night.

What kind of weather do you write best in?

I would love to say Rain, but I got to be realistic, rain doesn't come very often in Los Angeles, so, I guess I have to say, Nighttime breeze.

Favorite author and why?

Stephen King. Because he has the ability to create countless characters.

If you could turn one book or series into films, what would you pick and who would you cast as the main characters?

Alpha Gene, definitely ;) and I would cast Christopher Lloyd as Dr. Lucas :)

♥ ♥ ♥


Author Bio:

Angel M. Huerta was born in Monterrey, México in 1977. He began his professional career as a Screenwriter and Film Director in the year 2000 with the film “Inspiración” (20th century fox). He soon wrote and directed his second film, “Seres: Génesis” (Corazón Films). Seres: Génesis became the first Sci-Fi super production in Mexico´s history.

He currently lives in Burbank, California and continues to work in the film industry. Alpha Gene is his first book.




No comments:

Post a Comment

We always love to hear from readers so share your thoughts with us!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...