October 26, 2013

Corina's Top Five Favorite Supernatural TV Shows



Image is property of Lifetime Television


5. The Witches of East End

Based on Melissa de la Cruz’s New York Times best-selling novel, "Witches of East End" centers on the mysterious Beauchamp family: free-spirited artist Joanna (Ormond) and her two grown daughters, wild-child bartender Freya (Dewan Tatum) and shy librarian Ingrid (Boston), both of whom are unaware that they are gifted (and cursed) with a magical birthright. Freya is recently engaged to the man of her dreams, wealthy playboy Dash Gardiner (Winter), but when she finds herself inexplicably drawn to Dash’s troubled, enigmatic brother Killian (DiTomasso), bizarre occurrences begin to manifest in her life. Meanwhile, Joanna’s long-estranged sister Wendy (Amick) shows up with a warning that could change the Beauchamps’ fate forever, forcing Joanna to reveal to her daughters that they are, indeed, immortal witches who possess great untapped powers. With their idyllic small-town life now turned upside down, and a formidable and ancient enemy intent on ending the Beauchamp family line, will Freya and Ingrid be able to accept their true potential before it is too late?

- I love witches, like really love them and I haven't been able to find a truly good show about witches since Charmed went off the air. But with the arrival of Witches of East End, I think my search is finally over. There's only bee three episodes of this show so far, it's fairly new, but I really like the dynamic between the sister witches and the fact that their take on witches is a bit different than what I'm used to is something I like. While it isn't one of those shows that is going to keep you obsessing over it for days on end, it's definitely something that can be enjoying for an hour Sunday nights.

This image is the property of the CW Television

4. The Vampire Diaries



In the tumultuous fourth season of THE VAMPIRE DIARIES, the world of Mystic Falls was turned upside down when the beautiful and compassionate Elena Gilbert (Nina Dobrev) came face-to-face with her worst nightmare – life as a vampire. While Elena struggled to control her new powers and the overwhelming thirst for blood, the astonishing news that a cure for vampirism may actually exist reached Damon (Ian Somerhalder) and Stefan (Paul Wesley) Salvatore, the two vampire brothers who love her. Their search for the cure leads the brothers, along with Elena’s brother Jeremy (Steven R. McQueen) and her best friends Bonnie (Kat Graham) and Caroline (Candice Accola), to a horrifying confrontation with the ancient and all-powerful immortal, Silas, who has been entombed with the cure for more than 2,000 years. But Elena isn’t the only vampire who longs to return to life as a human, and the question of who will take the cure is resolved in the heart-stopping season finale, along with moments of unexpected joy, unspeakable sorrow, and a confession of true love.

- The Vampire Diaries is in it's fifth season and while I don't love the show nearly as much as I used to, it's still one that I hold dear to my heart. Season 1 and 2 were probably in my top favorite vampire shows of all time right behind Buffy the Vampire Slayer (which I loved). Most of the time I really like Elena, but I have to say that my all time favorite character is Damon Salvatore and he's probably the only reason I'm still watching the show. I love him and I love the way Ian Somerhalder plays him. Damon to me is one of the most complex characters on the show, seeing all the different sides of him both vampire and human is what makes me come back week after week.

This image is the property of Fox Television


3. Sleepy Hollow

In this modern-day twist on Washington Irving's classic, ICHABOD CRANE (Tom Mison, “Salmon Fishing in the Yemen”) is resurrected and pulled two and a half centuries through time to unravel a mystery that dates all the way back to the founding fathers. Revived alongside Ichabod is the infamous Headless Horseman who is on a murderous rampage in present-day Sleepy Hollow. Ichabod quickly realizes that stopping Headless is just the beginning, as the resurrected rider is but the first of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse and only one of the many formidable foes that Ichabod must face to protect not only Sleepy Hollow, but the world. As Ichabod finds himself in 2013's Sleepy Hollow, he discovers a town he no longer recognizes and grapples to understand. Teaming up with Lt. ABBIE MILLS (Nicole Beharie, “42,” “The Good Wife,” “Shame”), a young cop who has her own supernatural experiences, the two embark on a mission to stop the evil that has awoken along with Ichabod and that now is seeping into this once-sleepy town.

- I absolutely love this show. I've always loved the story of the headless horseman and with all the twists and turns by bringing the original Ichabod Crane to present time, it's just so fun. It also totally freaks me out sometimes, but in a good way. I think the cast was chosen perfectly and there's a real chemistry between the two main characters. It's almost like a supernatural detective team trying to save the world, which of course I love haha. They've already renewed this show for a second season and I couldn't be more excited. It's definitely worth checking out.

This image is property of Showcase Canada


2. Lost Girl

Lost Girl follows supernatural seductress Bo, a Succubus who feeds on the sexual energy (sometimes called "chi") of humans. Growing up with human parents, Bo had no reason to believe she was anything other than the girl next door - until she drained her boyfriend to death in their first sexual encounter. After years of running, Bo discovered she was Fae, creatures of legend and folklore, who pass as humans while feeding off them secretly and in different ways, as they have for millennia. Relieved to find out that she is not alone, yet horrified, Bo decides to take the middle path between the humans and the Fae while embarking on a personal mission to unlock the secrets of her origin.

With the help of her sidekick, Kenzi, her grandfather, Trick and her on-again/off-again love interests, Dyson and Lauren, Bo's journeys into the world of the Fae is met with danger at every turn.


- I LOVE Lost Girl. Love. This might be one of my favorite shows on TV. In three season I don't think I've ever been disappointed with this show. It keeps me more engaged then most shows and out of all the characters on the show I think there's only one I don't really like. I'm convinced shows do not get much better than this one. The plot is amazing and it's unique. I've never seen a show quite like this. Plus it has Kenzi and Kenzi is probably the best character in the entire world of fictional television characters haha. She is awesome. Technically Lost Girl is a Canadian show that airs on their version of Showtime (which is called Showcase) But a couple of years back SyFy picked it up so it airs here in the US too. The new season starts November 10th in Canada and in January out here in America. I would highly recommend this show if you're all about supernatural stuff because hell they got everything, plus good plot and sexy people haha.

This image is the property of the CW Television


1. The Originals

Family is power. The Original Vampire family swore it to each other a thousand years ago. They pledged to remain together, always and forever. Now, centuries have passed, and the bonds of family are broken. Time, tragedy and hunger for power have torn the Original Family apart.

Klaus Mikaelson, the original vampire-werewolf hybrid, has returned to New Orleans, the city his family helped build, the city from which he and his siblings – Elijah and Rebekah – were exiled a century ago by their relentless hunter father. Drawn back by a mysterious tip that a plot is brewing against him in the supernatural melting pot that is the French Quarter, Klaus is surprised that the city still feels like home to him despite the decades he’s been away. Curious as to why Klaus would return to the one place he swore he would never set foot again, Elijah follows his brother and learns that the beautiful and rebellious werewolf Hayley – Klaus’ onetime flame – has also come to the French Quarter searching for clues to her family history. Hayley has fallen into the hands of a powerful witch named Sophie Deveraux. When Sophie reveals to the brothers the almost unbelievable news that Hayley is carrying Klaus’ unborn child, Elijah realizes that the Original family has been given a second chance at humanity and the redemption they desperately crave.

Now, in the midst of a thriving New Orleans, a city known to be steeped in magic and history, the long-smoldering war is about to reach a fever pitch, and the Originals stand as the catalyst. As lines are drawn and strategies are laid out, one truth will echo through the French Quarter – power begins and ends with family.


- Okay, I know a lot of people who know me are probably calling me a hypocrit because when the Originals first made their way on to The Vampire Diaries I couldn't stand them. Actually I think I whined about how much I hated them every week. It's true I did. But I only hated them because I felt they were getting way too much screen time on TVD. I felt like my favorite show, which was TVD at the time wasn't concentrating on the main characters anymore, which was why I was so excited when the Originals got their own show. And now that they have that show I totally don't mind them being the center focus. It's exciting and brutal and violent haha, but there's also a softer side to it. A lot of the characters are looking for some kind of redemption and family. There is so much history and back story to explore. This show is exhilerating people. There's only been three episodes so far and I cannot stop obssessing about this show. It's sad haha. But I'm sod drawn in that I even have a hard time taking my eyes off the screen long enough to tweet about it haha. If you're not watching this show you've gotta check it out. It's absolutely worth it.

♥ ♥ ♥


So, now that you know my favorite supernatural shows, what are some of yours?


No comments:

Post a Comment

We always love to hear from readers so share your thoughts with us!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...