October 27, 2013

Review: A Blaze of Sun (A Shade of Vampire #5)


A Blaze of Sun (A Shade of Vampire #5) by Bella Forrest
Age Group: Young Adult
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Release Date: October 28, 2013
Buy Links:

AmazonBook Depository

Book Description:

"Of course you know waho I am. I'm a daughter of the darkness just as surely as you are his son…"

Ever since his brief encounter with Emilia at The Shade, Derek's thoughts and dreams have been haunted with images of the mysterious, beautiful brunette. Plagued with guilt, he struggles to understand why he is so drawn to this dark stranger from his past.

When Emilia suddenly appears again on the island, Derek is both terrified and intrigued. But this time, he is determined to involve Sofia and discover who this woman is.

If only Derek and Sofia knew, Emilia is a mystery that should be left undiscovered…


♥ ♥ ♥


First let me start of by saying, “Eeeeeeeeeee book five is finally here!”


A Blaze of Sun is the fifth book in the Shade series following Derek and Sophia through several twists and turns while they fight against the darkness to find true sanctuary for themselves and everyone inside the shade. I’ve got to admit I’ve been done with this book for a little while, but am just now writing the review because I needed to let a few things settle in my mind.

Bella Forrest is one of my favorite authors, I’ve loved every one of her books that I’ve read so far and A Blaze of Sun wasn’t any different. That being said, I wasn’t crazy about the first few chapters of the book. Don’t get me wrong Bella’s style is still flawless, but I guess I didn’t like the strain between Derek and Sophia and my hate for Emilia nearly blinded me into a catatonic rage.


But A Blaze of Sun quickly picked up the pace and once again Bella had me enthralled in this mystical world she created. One of the things I really loved about this book was all the different points of view that we got to see. We also learned so much about the supporting characters like Kyle, Ian, Camilla/Ingrid, and Aiden. I really enjoyed seeing things from their perspective and reliving some memories through Sophia and Derek’s eyes.

This book was really a big stepping stone in the overall mythology of where the darkness inside the vampires comes from and who has been pulling the strings ever since Derek was put to sleep all those years ago. It’s actually incredibly interesting and really, really good. The twist that you eventually find out will blow your mind, no joke.


Poor Derek and Sophia just can’t catch a break though. I feel terrible for them, but all the pain and heartache they went through in the other books and in this one are all worthwhile in the end. Bella manages to close the chapter on while big bad, while opening the window for another to seamlessly climb through.

The ending is probably my favorite part of the book…well the almost ending. The last few chapters are intense, terrifying, and elating! I can’t begin to tell you how blissfully happy I was despite the pending doom. Yes, pending doom haha.



A Blaze of Sun was definitely an amazing conclusion to part of the story and a great starting point for the next main plot. I can’t wait to see how Bella ties everything together!




♥ ♥ ♥
Author Bio:

I've been telling stories pretty much since I could talk. Instead of having my parents read me bed-time stories, I would prefer to share with them my own made up tales.

As I grew older, I developed a passion for the fantasy genre. I'm an incurable Potterhead.

My debut novel, A Shade of Vampire, was released on December 14, 2012. The book became a Number 1 Christmas Bestseller in Vampire Romance, Paranormal and Fantasy on Amazon.




No comments:

Post a Comment

We always love to hear from readers so share your thoughts with us!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...