October 30, 2013

Review: Romantic Tales: Bedtime Stories Season 2


Romantic Tales: Bedtime Stories Season 2 by Tigris Eden, Ty Langston, Dovey Mayali Cralk
Age Group: Adult
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Release Date: September 28, 2013
Buy Links:

Amazon

Book Description:

This season finale includes the startling ending to Archer and Rebekah's story in Red Hawk Mercenary Group: Ghost. In the last episode we learn that Bekah killed Archer's wife. 

But how does she cope? Can she tell him the truth now while they are on assignment to catch a killer? Or does she wait?

In Mail order groom all it takes is a trip, a blind date, along with a mysterious message from an online dating site to get things moving. All are a part of Jessica's continuing quest for love.

Romantic Tales is also pleased to announce we have a new comer to the team. We hope you enjoy her three chapter teaser of, The Vixen Flower.

A request by a famous rock star photographer, and a three day fling take Viscaria and Mark on journey that brings out a side Viscaria never knew existed.

♥ ♥ ♥


Red Hawk Mercenary Group

Holy moly you’re trying to kill me. That is the only explanation for all of these crazy intense cliffhangers! I’ve mentioned my extreme love for this story yes? This episode compiled all of the previous chapters of Red Hawk with several brand new chapters picking up right where we left off in the previous episode.

Archer and Bekah are adorable. I love how sarcastic and snarky they are with each other even after taking the next step in their relationship. Now for the big reveal. If you’re reading this then you’ve already read the previous episode and you know Bekah was the one who killed Archer’s wife.


She’s been distancing herself from him ever since she realized the truth. On top of the distance between Archer and Bekah, she winds up having this huge super showdown with Murphy and nearly beats him to death. It’s epic and full of bloody goodness. Our girl Bekah comes out the winner of course; but she definitely had a few moments of bruised pride.

And of course just when you think all the crazy drama is done and Archer and Bekah are finally about to search for the killer (which is why they are working together in the first place) Bekah gets kidnapped and dragged into a volcano! Yes, you heard that right.

This episode of Red Hawk was probably my favorite yet. With emotions running high, secrets exposed, and a rescue looming in Bekah’s near future I can’t wait to get my hands on the next part!

Mail Order Groom

Okay, I’ve got mixed feelings about this episode. On the one had I loved Yuri and Beth’s wedding. It was beautiful and they seemed so happy, which of course makes me squeal like a little girl. Poor Jessica’s date was terrible, which was actually one of the funniest parts of this story. The girl has no luck she’s always creating some kind of scene unintentionally haha.

One thing that I was a little disappointed about was the whole Nik and Reese scene. Reese and Jessica are friends, I can’t help but feel like that’s going to be super awkward later. I mean sure they didn’t have sex or anything, but they came pretty damn close. I felt it was a little unnecessary for the actual plot of the story.

Another thing that I wasn’t crazy about was Jessica running into Chad. I totally hate that guy! She’s already had a bad couple of days and then she stumbles into him while grocery shopping? That seriously sucks. He’s so pointless and the way he treated Jessica makes me want to slap him.

But, this is also the chapter that Jessica and Nik start talking on the dating website, which makes me bounce with happiness because I adore them and think they totally need to get together! I can’t wait to see where things go from this point on.

Vixen Flower

I’m having a lot of mixed feelings about this story. The story itself is sweet and well written, but I’m not sure I like the plot much. It just seems a little too fast and unrealistic to me. Granted a lot of the paranormal stuff I read is unrealistic, but this isn’t a paranormal story. Viscaria seems to be a writer and Mark I believe is a professional musician.

We see that she contacted him about being the cover for her new novel and his response was yes, but we don’t really know much more than that. There was no build up to her asking and no real explanation about themselves as characters. Yes, I need character development before they start groping each other haha.

It’s not that this story is bad, it’s not. I’m just a firm believer that there needs to be some kind of plot and not just two strangers, one of them a high profile singer, getting together and having this instant connection and stuff. I don’t buy it, which is what was throwing me off about this story. I would have liked to see more about who they are as individuals before they got together.


But I am hoping their personalities and backgrounds will be explored more in the second part of this story.



♥ ♥ ♥


Author Bio:

There is really not much to say... I love to write, read, and listen to music. My attempt at a music career sadly ended at the Apollo one warm night in May! LOL (Side note: I was not booed just outdone by two munchkins rapping to Biggy Smalls but they were good!)

Military brat extraordinaire; have traveled to a lot of interesting places.

The very first time I put pen to paper in story fashion, was in 6th grade. It was called The Case of the Missing Pepperoni.

It was a cute mystery where all the ingredients and shop appliances came to life when the store owner closed up for the evening.

Twitter  ♥  Facebook  ♥  Website  ♥  Pinterest


Author Bio:

As a child, multi-published author Ty Langston loved to read about dragons and knights so much that one day, her grandmother told her to "just write about them."

So she did.

From that day forward, she never left home without her pen, a notebook, and some kind of music playing in the background. Her love of reading expanded from fantasy into science fiction, and eventually into paranormal romance and erotica.

She enjoys different works from George Martin, Anne McCaffrey, Stephen King, and Jackie Collins. But some of Ty's favorite writers are from the world of TV and film: namely, Tudors creator Michael Hirst, and the late John Hughes.

Ty has a certificate in Broadcast Journalism along with a degree in Business Administration. She is single and enjoys spending time with friends and family.

Twitter  ♥  Facebook  ♥  Website  ♥  Goodreads


Author Bio:

Dovey Mayali Cralk has been using writing as an outlet for her strange imagination since a youngster. Unable to settle on any one genre, she is working on projects in several different veins. Dovey, her husband, children, and pets call Texas home.










No comments:

Post a Comment

We always love to hear from readers so share your thoughts with us!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...