June 25, 2013

Review: A Castle of Sand (A Shade of Vampire #3)

A Castle of Sand (A Shade of Vampire #3) by Bella Forrest
Age Group: Young Adult
Genre: Parnormal Romance
Release Date: June 26, 2013
Buy Links:

Amazon

Book Description:

What Sofia has with Derek feels like a sandcastle; temporary and something that the waves of life and time will soon ruin…

Since the return of Gregor Novak, the island has turned several shades darker. His hatred toward Sofia and thirst for fresh blood lead to a brutal war igniting between father and son.

Meanwhile, the hunters are gaining formidable strength and resources by the day; they know that the safety of The Shade hangs entirely on its ability to remain hidden from them.

And a sinister secret lies in wait for Sofia within the bowls of an Egyptian desert … a secret that threatens to crush her sandcastle much sooner than she could have expected.

♥ ♥ ♥


Gah, words fail me and for a reviewer that’s sort of sad. Bella why do you do this to me?!? This was yet another amazing installment of The Shade Series. A Castle of Sand by Bella Forrest is the third installment in the series and boy did it blow me away. Forget everything you thought you knew in the first two books because A Castle of Sand changes everything. The entire dynamic we’ve grown accustomed to is thrown into a tangle of emotion, deception, and sacrifice.

So much happens in this book that I’m still digesting everything. I want to hug Derek and Sofia. I’ve never felt so sad for a couple in my entire life. The things that they go through and endure to be together makes my heart ache, but also it fills me with this girly hope that in the end they’ll find a way to be together because they love each other so much.


Romance aside this book was plot heavy and incredibly informative. We learned so much about Sophia and her past as well as Derek and his past. We learned were they came from and why they are the way they are. We also saw a lot of character growth in Derek. He finally understands the kind of man he wants to be and Sophia is a big part of that.

The twists and turns in this book will keep you guessing and the end, good god, the end. The last few chapters are so fast paced and action filled…I won’t give anything away, but holy cow batman! Vivienne was right, “Blood will be shed…”


I enjoyed the third installment in this series immensely and cannot wait for the final book. Bella is an evil genius! I would definitely recommend this to anyone who has a love of vampires and romance!


♥ ♥ ♥
Author Bio:

I've been telling stories pretty much since I could talk. Instead of having my parents read me bed-time stories, I would prefer to share with them my own made up tales.

As I grew older, I developed a passion for the fantasy genre. I'm an incurable Potterhead.

My debut novel, A Shade of Vampire, was released on December 14, 2012. The book became a Number 1 Christmas Bestseller in Vampire Romance, Paranormal and Fantasy on Amazon.




No comments:

Post a Comment

We always love to hear from readers so share your thoughts with us!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...