July 20, 2013

Author Spotlight: Karolyn James

All Access (Brothers of Rock #1) by Karolyn James
Age Group: Adult
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Release Date: February 28, 2013
Buy Links:

Amazon

Book Description:

Jess is caught off guard when a sexy stranger buys her a cup of coffee and asks her to sit with him. He's mysterious, nice, and even though he says the right things at the right time, Jess can sense that there's something hidden about him.

As Johnnie sits across from the beautiful woman, he can't believe she doesn't recognize him. Everyone does. It comes with the territory when you're the lead singer of one of the hottest bands in the world, Chasing Cross. With one more show to go before taking a small break in touring, it feels like luck is on Johnnie's side. That is, if he can find a way to tell Jess who he is, without scaring her off.

After her best friend begs her to come to a concert, Jess finds herself standing in the middle of a crowd. The lights are off, music begins, and the crowd erupts in cheers. She doesn't know much about the band, but that's all about to change. When the lights come on, Jess can't believe her eyes. The lead singer of the band is the man from the café.

Plucked from the crowd during the show, Jess makes her way backstage. The encore may have ended on stage, but the real show is just about to begin. Johnnie's passion quickly turns to romance but the more time he and Jess spend together, the more things get complicated. Johnnie has a big decision to make about himself and the band, testing his loyalty and love for the music, and when Jess's dreams start to come true, she starts to realize that true love exists, but it's not always an easy path to take.

♥ ♥ ♥




Do you recall how your interest in writing originated or did you always just know you wanted to be a writer?

When I was a kid I used to love the library. Whether it was in grade school or just spending time there on my own time. There was something magical about the library... so many books, possibilities. It didn't take long for me to start writing and wanting to keep write.

What inspired All Access



The idea of following a rock band off the stage. Chasing Cross has five guys in it and I wanted all five guys to have their chance to explore life beyond the stage. They're a huge success... they're rockstars. They're rich. They're sexy. BUT... what happens when they fall in love?

Which came first for you, the characters or the plot? 

Characters. I needed the band. Once I had the band, I let everything else fall into place.

Is there anything you found particularly challenging when you were writing All Access

Keeping the time frame of the book and series together. Chasing Cross is on tour but taking breaks. There are circumstances happening that *may* prevent them from playing or recording. There's so much happening in the band in their lives that I have to keep myself very organized.

If you could be one of your characters from All Access, who would you chose? Why?

JESS! haha... to meet and fall in love with a rockstar... yummy. And to have him sweep me away... *aahhhh*

When writing All Access, was there anyone or anything specific that inspired the character Jess? How about Johnnie?

I just wanted to pick a sweet innocent woman working on her career. She's just an average woman, writing books, trying to earn a living (a lot like me!). As for Johnnie, I wanted a strong, sexy rockstar. I wanted the dreamy guy that looked good whether he was on stage or not. I needed him tough... emotionally and beyond... to care for Jess and the band.

In your opinion what three words best describe Jess? How about Johnnie? 

Jess: loving, innocent, willing Johnnie: passionate, cocky, sexy

Quickies: 

Coffee or Tea? 

Coffee

Milk chocolate or Dark? 

Milk chocolate

Favorite novel and why? 

Favorite? Whoa... hmm... I do love The Notebook. But of all time? I'm not sure. I'd be torn between books from when I was kid to books I've read now.

Hard copy books or e-books? Why? 

I like BOTH. I love holding a book but I love having an ereader for privacy and ease of use.

What kind of weather do you write best in? 

Cool and cold. Fall and winter for me!

♥ ♥ ♥


Author Bio:

Karolyn James is an award winning / bestselling romance & erotic romance author. This is a different side of Karolyn, one that doesn’t just explore relationships, but the sexuality within those relationships.









No comments:

Post a Comment

We always love to hear from readers so share your thoughts with us!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...